Gators invent new ways to flub things up

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Both Zaire and Franks have a habit that when the pocket collapses that they turn and run backwards as far as they can. That way they can lose the maximum amount of yards when they get sacked.
Facilitated by lack of ability to read past the 1st option and then looking only for the safety valve mid scramble.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Trainers checked him out and he crumbed like he rag doll when he tried to run. :bwahaha:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Worst. Coached. Team. Ever.

I"m now convinced NONE of this is on the players. They were on the sideline graba**ing and joking around while they were working on possibly getting back in the game because of Muschimp's incompetence. Real coaches would have had that team engaged and focused. What a complete joke this effort was today. The nadir of the program is right this moment until we lose to UAB.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I"m now convinced NONE of this is on the players. They were on the sideline graba**ing and joking around while they were working on possibly getting back in the game because of Muschimp's incompetence. Real coaches would have had that team engaged and focused. What a complete joke this effort was today. The nadir of the program is right this moment until we lose to UAB.

UAB is better than Georgia Southern, so yeah...we gonna lose.

NASHVEGAS G8OR

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
In the last 4 minutes, offsides on the kick coverage team......rarely see unless attempting an onsides and yet, lol, were kicking it deep.

Also, leaving a timeout on the board (( which actually there will be a couple viewpoints on IMO ))

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I think most of the coaching staff just wants the season to be over and I am not sure that most of the team isn't on board with them. Franks needs to find some help from somewhere our put on 30 pounds and try to play TE. He can't process well enough and I don't think a new coach is going to change that now.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Our freshman corner picks off a ball and then fumbles it on the half yard line, giving USC the ball back and first down. Gardener picks off a pass and should easily have a 100-yard pick six, and ends up falling down when someone sneezes on his ankle as he's running by. And, in a first in my 30+ years watching football, two wide-open players fight over a deep pass and tackle each other on the half yard line.

And that only scratches the surface of all the missed opportunities and flubs in that mess we just watched.

:facepalm:

Discuss.
Coaching. Attention to detail ( coaching)
No inventiveness from coaches. Maybe the universe hates a void? :dunno:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Both Zaire and Franks have a habit that when the pocket collapses that they turn and run backwards as far as they can. That way they can lose the maximum amount of yards when they get sacked.

It's all on film, just spent time studying the Drisksful ear.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our route tree has multiple receivers in every exact same area almost every play, so that was no surprise. Probably my favorite part of that play was having a RB drifting off toward the end zone rather than coming back to help out his scrambling QB as either a blocker or dumpoff option. How often do you see a running back catch a 50+ yard pass?

Just asinine, the whole thing.
I didn't pay attention to the formation, but I believe I remember the announcers saying Thompson was lined up out wide :dunno:. Maybe he ran a go?

I can't take it all off of the players, Paul, but I certainly agree they are bereft of quality coaching. I didn't recognize the guy on our sidelines who was standing behind Shannon, but he was on his cell phone during the game. Might not have been a coach and possibly he was communicating with someone upstairs, but that's never a good look onTV when you're getting your @ss beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.