Gators move up to #18 in the coaches poll

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People here will tell you that winning 14-7 is a bad thing and losing 37-35 is a good thing.

There was very little positive about that game yesterday. I'm not abandoning ship yet, as sloppy as it is we ARE 4-1 and we could take a big step if we look decent this week and beat LSU. But that is unlikely unless they show up much better than they did against Vandy. I hope what it was is that we were playing Vandy at 11 am, which I think would make them not energized for the game.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You failed to mention Wisconsin was a top 10 team. :rolleyes:

I think most of us would be happy beating a top 10 team 14-7.

We're great at beating bottom 10 teams 13-6. This team needs to have a fire lit under it, they constantly play down to their competition.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Coaches are in love with our defense or they are just stupid!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rumph, Skipper, Dixon, and Gray are good recruiters and good position coaches.

Shannon is a good linebackers coach but a terrible recruiter.

Nuss, Nord, Summers, and Collins suck at both.

What would be ideal is that Collins gets a head coaching gig somewhere and the other three get axed.

This would be a good start. Nuss should be at the top of the list.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so sure about that.

You know better. You're driving your own narrative. You know this coaching staff has but one top 10 win to its credit since it arrived, so saying it's all about points on the scoreboard misses the point.

Sure we want to score more, but mainly we want to back in the discussion. An uninspiring 13-6 win over Vanderbilt is not the way back.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we can beat LSU on Saturday then I think 18 will be deserved. The four teams we've beaten have something like a 7-13 record. We need to beat a down LSU.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure this is a down LSU team after last week. They seem re-energized. A win Saturday would be huge.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
People here will tell you that winning 14-7 is a bad thing and losing 37-35 is a good thing.

My response is Ox's below. Ox beat me to it. Wisconsin is a good team, a great defensive team who shut down offensive juggernaut Michigan and handled LSU earlier this season. While we struggled mightily against Vandy ... again. As we struggled against Vandy last year and FAU and North Texas, and Louisiana Lafayette, and Georgia Southern and UMass... Are you picking up what I am throwing out there.

Notice a trend? S--t needs to f---ing change.

You failed to mention Wisconsin was a top 10 team. :rolleyes:

I think most of us would be happy beating a top 10 team 14-7.

:exactly:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'm just happy to be ranked ahead of F$U and Ga again......if only for a week or however long it lasts.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm not sure this is a down LSU team after last week. They seem re-energized. A win Saturday would be huge.
Ogeron is a guy to fire their azzzes up. Should be quite the show........As for your Marty Cohen article, Marty goes way back and has seen it all. I respect his opinion. I used to grab that free Gator Bait when I could back in the 70s and 80s

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ogeron is a guy to fire their azzzes up. Should be quite the show........As for your Marty Cohen article, Marty goes way back and has seen it all. I respect his opinion. I used to grab that free Gator Bait when I could back in the 70s and 80s

Whatever happened to David Stirt?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Probably moved on to better paying job...................all I got........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator