Gators on track for worst ranking in the Rivals era

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
And just for the record, as dark as the last 8 years have been, and for everyone who says....

It's amazing how quickly one can forget the WM years and Urban's last season, which was an utter debacle. Recruiting doesn't fall off a cliff after one season, this has been years in the making and most of us can make a solid argument that WM's tenure was the worst in UF's history.

During those years we still managed to win 3 East conference titles. That's more than UGA has won in 20 years, and yet they are routinely beating our ass on the recruiting trail. Recruiting has little to do with wins and losses, or the program, or facilities. It has everything to do with who you have out on the trail.

I think it's pretty evident Mac and the staff he assembled around him were pretty bad at selling UF to prospects. The fact that he was able to close so strong is commendable but it wasn't until the "noise in the system" lit a fire under his azz before he started to take it seriously.

It wasn;t until his 3rd year at CSU that he started getting that program going. So maybe Mac's just a slow starter at acclimating to a new school and region of the country and this will be the year he gets us rolling. Lets hope so!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Watson was an elite talent, hell coming out of HS, he was the number 1 dual threat QB ln the country l believe, so if ur comparing us to Clemson, lm not seeing a Watson on our roster.
All true, especially about the need for a top-tier quarterback. My takeaway from these stats is that they underscore the fact that there is a lot more to putting a winning team on the field than the rankings of the individual players. A significant number of highly ranked recruits fail to live up to their ranking, and a significant number of lower ranked recruits exceed their ranking. I think the more revealing stat is that about the Super Bowl starters.
Watson was an elite talent, hell coming out of HS, he was the number 1 dual threat QB ln the country l believe, so if ur comparing us to Clemson, lm not seeing a Watson on our roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.