Gators on track for worst ranking in the Rivals era

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, still taking the his average for his first three classes...he still owns it.

FSU and Bama are raping us off the field you dumb fvvk. His best class is still light years behind FSU and Alabama.

Stupid pumper.
JFC Rex, just eat your friggin' crow and STFU for once.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They bring it up nearly everyday on Sports Talk in Knoxville: "What in the world is going on in Gainesville? You'd think after going to Atlanta two years in a row they'd be killing it on the recruiting trail". Of course Florida fans are going to be critical but it's another level when others start noticing.
If I was a slUT fan in Knoxville I'd be looking to bring up everyone else's problems just to avoid talking about the dumpster fire going on in their own program. Just sayin......

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This applies to quite a few in here.
IDK, I get the criticism - Rex could have stopped at the first sentence and I would have bee fine with that.
But in the final three sentences, he mentions FSU and Bama, twice, and throws out two insults. Nobody else is doing that. Was he provoked by that poster? Sure, but the worst that was said was to him was 'eat it', in reference to said crow.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wasn't an active contributor to this thread, but I had my share of criticism in others, so I'll show up. I was pleasantly surprised with yesterday and feel like it was as good of a close as I've seen in years, which in itself is positive. That said, as I stated yesterday, while I'm happy it did work, I'm not sure the approach is something that is advisable. Perception is reality and we've had the perception of being a school that many of the top prospects have little interest in. That's not how it used to be, and we need to change that. Someone mentioned the "post NSD momentum" and I'm just not sure what good that does. It's definitely nice to enter Spring with a bowl win, solid class and the feeling that maybe Mac is on to something. I just think we could've accomplished that with a better showing throughout the cycle, and I'd speculate that we may very well have landed(or retained) a few other bigger names had we been viewed as positively throughout the process as we were today.

There's also some truth to Law and Rex's posts. We did well, and the pulls from in-state were nice to see. But the two teams that beat us handily last year both finished ahead of us. So we still have work to do in leveling that playing field.

But again, credit to the staff and to those here who kept the faith.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IDK, I get the criticism - Rex could have stopped at the first sentence and I would have bee fine with that.
But in the final three sentences, he mentions FSU and Bama, twice, and throws out two insults. Nobody else is doing that. Was he provoked by that poster? Sure, but the worst that was said was to him was 'eat it', in reference to said crow.
Ah, the problem with typed expression..... I was more referring to the number of completely hopelessly negative posters that continually sold negativity, way beyond simple expression of concern for the potential recruiting class, that bombarded everyone & anyone who dared to see anything of redeeming value in Mac & his attempt to rebuild the program. There are literally metric tons of crow that should be eaten by a health number of posters IMO. ;)

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man, there sure is a lot of crow to be served in this thread. I'm not saying we lit the world on fire today, but we did better than everyone expected.
You know who you are - eat up!
eating-crow.jpg

I didn't think it was possible for Mac to crack the top 15 a week ago, so I'm happy to wrong on this. Definitely Mac's best class so far, and hopefully next year will be even better.

hungry.gif

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was happy to see the way we closed but it was a dangerous position that Mac had us in. Who knows what kind of class he could have achieved it he hadn't waited until the last minute to really chase some of these players.

It was definitely a good step in rebuilding but don't kid yourself if you think this really gets us any closer to beating the elite.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, the problem with typed expression..... I was more referring to the number of completely hopelessly negative posters that continually sold negativity, way beyond simple expression of concern for the potential recruiting class, that bombarded everyone & anyone who dared to see anything of redeeming value in Mac & his attempt to rebuild the program. There are literally metric tons of crow that should be eaten by a health number of posters IMO. ;)

I like this guy!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama signed twice as many four- and five-star recruits than Clemson over the last six years, but Clemson beat Alabama for the national championship. And according to 247Sports, a college football recruiting service, 61 percent of the starters in Sunday’s Super Bowl weren’t ranked among the top 500 overall in their recruiting class.

Don't drink the kool-ade!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Alabama signed twice as many four- and five-star recruits than Clemson over the last six years, but Clemson beat Alabama for the national championship. And according to 247Sports, a college football recruiting service, 61 percent of the starters in Sunday’s Super Bowl weren’t ranked among the top 500 overall in their recruiting class.

You 'da man, deuce.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Watson was an elite talent, hell coming out of HS, he was the number 1 dual threat QB ln the country l believe, so if ur comparing us to Clemson, lm not seeing a Watson on our roster.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Watson was an elite talent, hell coming out of HS, he was the number 1 dual threat QB ln the country l believe, so if ur comparing us to Clemson, lm not seeing a Watson on our roster.
And Watson was the difference in Clemson beating Bama. Bama had a freshman, Clemson had Watson. Those guys switch teams and Bama beats Clemson handly. Goes to show you how important it is to get a good QB. We need one desperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator