Choose one.

• Total voters

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you are going to do it, do it today or tomorrow. Can Mac and Nuss, let SOS have the extra week to prep for UGA. SOS hates UGA, he would jump at the chance to derail their playoff hopes.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Look at what Alvarez did at Whisky, although Alvarez is a ****ing ******* to work for.....the precedent is there for a program legend to be a stop gap.

Do it Stricklin....you Starkville mediocrity preaching pussy!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Interesting the number of voters who think getting rid of Nuss will fix things. Too bad the guy who would be responsible for picking up the pieces doesn't agree with you.
Why are you assuming a vote for any of the options means it will fix things? There is no fixing this mess mid-season. The best we can hope for is firing sad-sack Mac at years end and start the rebuilding process, but we may be stuck with Mac for another year.

Best I think we can hope for is demote Nuss now, fire mac after end of year, decline a bowl if we have less than 6 wins (if? LOL) then hire Frost and re-evaluate all the assistant coaches.and let Frost have freedom and funds to build his staff.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you assuming a vote for any of the options means it will fix things? There is no fixing this mess mid-season. The best we can hope for is firing sad-sack Mac at years end and start the rebuilding process, but we may be stuck with Mac for another year.

Best I think we can hope for is demote Nuss now, fire mac after end of year, decline a bowl if we have less than 6 wins (if? LOL) then hire Frost and re-evaluate all the assistant coaches.and let Frost have freedom and funds to build his staff.

If we like Frost, why not go for the real magilla, Kelly? He mentored Frost.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If we like Frost, why not go for the real magilla, Kelly? He mentored Frost.
Because Kelly got kicked out of college ball with a show-cause penalty. Like it or not, we are not taking a cheat no matter how good of a coach he might be. And who knows if he would be any good in the SEC anyway. Frost is already making serious headway in the state and would be a very good hire I think.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
where is the talent at quarterback? None of the receivers could get open last night.

Shane Mathews was 4-5 string when Spurrier arrived. Spurrier will try a QB till he finds one. The receiver need to be taught a to correctly run routes and fight for the ball. Nothing this staff can do for them there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because Kelly got kicked out of college ball with a show-cause penalty. Like it or not, we are not taking a cheat no matter how good of a coach he might be. And who knows if he would be any good in the SEC anyway. Frost is already making serious headway in the state and would be a very good hire I think.

All the great ones push the recruiting envelope. After three years of Mac's laissez-faire style, I'd personally welcome Kelly's cut-throat style.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
All the great ones push the recruiting envelope. After three years of Mac's laissez-faire style, I'd personally welcome Kelly's cut-throat style.
I'd take him too, but as a program we are "above" that kind of hire. I'm all in on Frost at this point.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take him too, but as a program we are "above" that kind of hire. I'm all in on Frost at this point.
You do know Frost was on that same staff with Kelly right?

"Kelly, the NCAA says, was unaware that former scouting service owner Willie Lyles was funneling players to Oregon, giving them money on occasion and paying for things like lodging. Former Oregon assistant director of operations Josh Gibson was also given a one-year show-cause order.

Gibson, the NCAA contends, knew of Lyles' involvement, including providing training and lodging for a recruit before the US Army All-American events. Gibson routinely told Lyles to have recruits contact Oregon coaches. Gibson and an Oregon assistant coach went as far as to ask Lyles' "assistance in facilitating a prospect's taking of the SAT."

Kelly is no more a cheater than Frost was he got the show cause because he was in charge and didn't know what was going on.

Oregon received no penalties from the NCAA over the matter either. People hear he got a show cause and just assume he's a scum bag without knowing what actually happened.

Last edited:

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There is only one way to solve this dilemma. We don’t have $25 million to give this joker to go away so at every press conference continually ask him the same question:
How do you, year after year, have an offense rated over 100? Embarras him until his wife makes him leave town. When he doesn’t sleep for four days, he’ll want out. Offer him a reasonable settlement, moving expense and ship his butt back out west.

We’ll have to depend on the press to get him out of Dodge. We all know they are good at that and love doing it.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting the number of voters who think getting rid of Nuss will fix things. Too bad the guy who would be responsible for picking up the pieces doesn't agree with you.
I don't think it'll fix anything I just want it to happen cause I'm a petty azzhole and want butters to be forced to fire his friends to save his own ass and then be fired at the end of the season anyway.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I distinctly remember Spurrier saying when he left USCe that it did not necessarily mean he would never coach again so don't get that message from it. Mac would never willingly allow SOS as OC even on an interim basis because he would show him up, so in the incredibly unlikely event it were to happen it would mean that effective control had been taken away from him.

I still say that arguably the greatest Gator of all time, Steve Spurrier, would give us a couple of good years to re-establish a winning attitude and allow us the time to line up the right guy. You gotta ask first. Sure I know he wouldn't want to do this for another decade but I think he would give it a couple of years.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Fire or reassign the coordinators today, if nothing changes (and it won't) can everyone at years end, hire a new coach.

I don't think SOS would touch this disaster and tarnish his legacy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At a minimum Pussmeier has to go.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Nuss cannot last the season. He should be fired yesterday.

Mac shouldn't make it to the end of the season either, but if he does that's the end of the road for him. There is nothing gained by keeping him one game longer.

Those clamoring for Spurrier are message board quarters down a wishing well. It would create a situation similar to Wisconsin where any head coach that comes in later is always living in fear, looking over his shoulder that Spurrier will be brought in again at any time. Message board voices can wish for the SOS magic to be sprinkled over the team when needed, but for the program we can't have that.

I say promote Shannon/Davis through the end. He won't be promoted to permanent head coach after the season, and in all likelihood most of the staff gets replaced. He's a crutch to get us through the remaining games, and we start over from scratch.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The question was possible scenarios not desirable scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.