GCMB Poll: Who was best of the best Gator cornerbacks?

Pick one (1)

• Total voters

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I'd put both Weary and Smith on a list before Tabor. What has Tabor done really?
It seemed clear to me by the end 2015 season that Quincy Wilson was better than both Tabor and Hargreaves. Having said that, I think Lito tops the list, with Janoris second.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who is Joe Hayden?
You had to wait that long to point that out? Now it's closed to edits. :headslap:

22883287.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Purifoy was probably the most overrated corner i can remember. The commentators always talked like he was some freak athlete that was destined to be a 1st round pick. He got abused every Saturday and I never really noticed any freak athleticism.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I remember watching Janoris out there as a freshman (on a very talented team) thinking "this guy is the best football player out there. His skills were perfect and could tackle like a truck. I never had a problem with his medication cause I figured a guy out there busting ass and hitting people that hard needed a little medication..............

Any player who gets fooled by the mad hatter on a fake FG, when everyone in the stadium knows the kicker is outside of his FG range, had more than just a "little" medication... It cost us the game, so he doesn't deserve a vote.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No breakdown or analysis from me, I just voted Lito primarily for his games against uga, ut, and carolina in 2000. He made some game changing plays that got us to ATL

Lito! Lito! Lito!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
No breakdown or analysis from me, I just voted Lito primarily for his games against uga, ut, and carolina in 2000. He made some game changing plays that got us to ATL

Lito! Lito! Lito!
I took my daughter to that UGA game Lito made the great int and return. He was amazing.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think I would've picked Larry Kennedy if he'd been a selection. He was the best I'd ever seen in man-to-man coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.