Geoff Collins named Temple HC

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Another thing I find funny is I hear you saying that Mac and this staff is the worst ever and they all need to be fired yesterday but now you think he should pull in the top coaching talent in the country to come here. Which is it?

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
I would put feelers out and test the market but I do think Shannon has the experience. I would rather bring in the hottest DC in America but I dont see it happening. If we were a winning program with recruits lining up to play for us it would be much easier. I think Mac is gone after next year and many will probably agree.

I think depending on what he does next year and what type of class he has lined up there is a possibility he SHOULD be gone. I think it is very very unlikely that he WILL be gone.

Alagator

....And I'll say whatever the **** I want dude. Seriously, you ain;t telling me jack ****.... GTFO!

LOL... I love it when 'Rexy gets called out for being.... Well... for being 'Rexy and he gets all...

giphy.gif

GatorInKnox

The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Give it a rest. I'm sure anyone can compile a short list of 5 guys.
For effs sake dude, you avoid questions better than a politician.

Any Reasonable Poster said:
Rex, who do you want?

T REX said:
Anyone could come up with a good candidate

Ok, how about Shannon?

T REX said:
No, Shannon sucks. We've got to get somebody better

Ok, who would that be?

T REX said:
Just look around, there are tons of good options.

Ok...but if you could pick, who would YOU pick?

T REX said:
Look, Shannon sucks, recruiting sucks, and we need to bring in a great recruiter or we're screwed

T REX

Is it? You do so much complaining it has just all become noise at this point. It's like the teacher in Charlie Brown.

Just so I am clear...saying Shannon hasn't been a DC in ten years is a complaint? Noise?

Okie dokie. I don't mind being called out but that's just plain stupid.

T REX

Another thing I find funny is I hear you saying that Mac and this staff is the worst ever and they all need to be fired yesterday but now you think he should pull in the top coaching talent in the country to come here. Which is it?

I already conceded this point. No one wants to come get fired after a year. We're stuck with whatever we can get at this point. No one decent is going to come here.

URGatorBait

Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
I already conceded this point. No one wants to come get fired after a year. We're stuck with whatever we can get at this point. No one decent is going to come here.
That sounds great, but who do YOU want?
Forget the rest, just name names.

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Just so I am clear...saying Shannon hasn't been a DC in ten years is a complaint? Noise?

Okie dokie. I don't mind being called out but that's just plain stupid.

Saying "we could do better" and acting like Shannon is a crappy hire is complaining. Plus... if you know anything about the program you know that Shannon is currently co-DC and has been involved in game planning.

Also... as proven over and over again... you very much mind getting called out. Just look at your response to Dude earlier.

T REX

Saying "we could do better" and acting like Shannon is a crappy hire is complaining. Plus... if you know anything about the program you know that Shannon is currently co-DC and has been involved in game planning.

Also... as proven over and over again... you very much mind getting called out. Just look at your response to Dude earlier.

Cool bro. I guess we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully they can bring Locksley back as suggested in the other thread. And Skipper can go back to defense.

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Cool bro. I guess we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully they can bring Locksley back as suggested in the other thread. And Skipper can go back to defense.

FYI... I posted that article in this thread before it was in the other... if you would spend more time reading and less time complaining you would have seen that...

Alagator

FYI... I posted that article in this thread before it was in the other... if you would spend more time reading and less time complaining you would have seen that...

Interesting to note that the article in question also said that Shannon has indeed been an integral part of planning and scheming for our top ranked defense the last two years... as I suggested (since he was co-defensive coordinator) he most likely was. It's not like the guy has been absent the last 10 years. He's been coaching and been a major factor in our defensive success the last couple years.

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Mac has had to make two new hires with this staff. First was Rumph and then Gray. Both were upgrades. If history holds, we either get a good DC or a good position coach to replace Shannon. I think Shannon would make us a good DC. He was good at UM and many of their fans wanted them to keep him as DC when he failed as a HC. In fact, we'll be a top 50 defense next year despite all the losses on defense. I say top 50 because we still have no idea who we'll have at DT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.