Good WLOCP Memories

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm curious to what some great memories you guys have of Florida-Georgia. I've been blessed to have gone to almost every game since '93 with few exceptions (like '05 when I was playing basketball in Jax for a small school on the day of the game).

Here are some of my favorites-

1. '93 The Anthone Lott Timeout game- I remember as a 6 year old walking over a mile in the pouring rain to get into the poor old Gator Bowl. The game was great. I remember reaching for my mom's diet coke and drinking beer from a red solo cup. That was the first time I tasted beer.
  2. '94 In the Swamp- Special because it's in the Swamp and I enjoyed watching the game in the rain.
  3. '99 "The Cotton Candy" Game- That's my families name for it. Essentially, the game was close and my aunt sees a cotton candy vendor and states her desire for some cotton candy. My uncle (not her husband), says that he will get her Cotton Candy if she can get us a TD. Well, about 3 minutes later Bo Carroll breaks a 30 yard TD (literally the only play from this game on YouTube funny enough). My uncle runs around the walkway of the lower bowl into UGA territory to grab the Cotton Candy and ran back around the stadium carrying it like the Olympic torch.
  4. '08 La Vengaza- It wasn't just beating the F*** out of UGA. It was running around to the home side well before the game was over to get a front row seat to high five players after the game. SO much fun.
I'm curious for what others have.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing Drunk/Drugged girl pass out before the game and sleep in her car

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Are you incriminating yourself?
no, i was there with my wife and 2 Ga twentysomethings showed up and one could not even stand up... she had popped a pill 15 min prior and was drinking/spilling a beer.. so we chatted with the other one.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've been to three. '12, '13, and last year. Last year was the only good memory of the game I have. Tailgating all three years was a blast. Had to sell our tickets this year as we've been burning the candle at both ends the last couple months and we just moved, but we'll be back next year.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I went to roughly 15 of them.

Weirdly enough 2 of my favorites were the Zook wins. Grossman to Troupe to seal the deal. Georgia was undefeated and top 5 in the country and had their best team ever under Richt. We got to spoil Georgias year for a change

2003 UGA was again top 5 and we drove with Leak down the field an got a game winning field goal with less than a minute left.

Both games Gators fans were fairly deflated and didn't have much hope. Kinda like this year.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Very few good memories associated with actually being at the game in person. First year in school was '68 and I watched the entire game in the rain and the field goal that made it 52-0. I hate Georgia. The next four years weren't much better. Reaves and company tying the doggies. Doug Dickey couldn't buy a win and fourth and dumb is etched in my mind. Thank you Coach Spurrier for giving me reasons to watch again.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah.....If you remember very much about these games your not doing it right.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
You never forget your first time! Mine was 1984, my first year at UF...the dawgs had won 6 straight, including RLR...and Herschel completely OWNED us....the weather was SPECTACULAR! I worked the 6am-9am shift at Rock 104 and at 9:05 had a Killiens in my hand heading to Jax...Kerwin to Rickey for 97 years...the goal line stance...Neal over the top....it was a glorious ass kicking 27-0!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Spikes-destroys-Moreno revenge game following the celebration in the end zone the year before.

Somebody printed up a bunch of urinal thingys. They were flat rubber disks with holes in them for the pee to go through. They cover the drain hole.

Well this dude had the Bulldog face printed on them (812???). He was handling them out before the game. I grabbed a stack and promised I’d deploy them in the stadium urinals.

After the game (and after high fiving Tebow) I remembered them. I sprinted to the restroom. There were dudes lined up to pee. I cut in front of them and started dropping them in place, sometimes in mid-stream.

Gators laughed and laughed. Not so for the UGA fans who lost the game and were now peeing on their own mascot’s face.

Then, of course, I needed photographic evidence. So I took pictures. One irate UGA fan accused me of taking a picture of his junk. “Nah man, no zoom lens” I replied.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was there the year after UF got the goal posts............dogs win so they want the goal posts......... I had was WAY up high so I had my binoculars. Cops were holding the dogs back from the posts and some jawja gal in an ugly red and plaid skirt was giving one cop sh#T up in his face. He knocked her out............I was shocked.
I was there Quincy Carter was qb uga. Our LBs would meet together with him in the backfield with nasty intentions. I almost felt sorry for him. I figured abusing a dawg like that would have he ASPCA out there soon. I was in Gville when we beat them in the swamp. It was glorious. But I think a really good one was when Timmy broke Herschels SEC TD record against them on a 25 yd run up the middle................perfect.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party memory actually occurred after a loss.

We beat Georgia one year in Jacksonville and stormed the field. Tore down the goal posts, etc. Did a lot of damage. Celebrated, undeterred by any law enforcement, who were hopelessly outnumbered anyway. The next year they got wise and lined the stadium with police in riot gear and drawn nightsticks. When Georgia won, the fans in the endzone pushed down the fence to crash the field. The folks in the front rows, who were well aware of the police presence in front of them, were reluctant participants and got their asses clubbed. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved, cracking skulls, etc. It was beautiful to watch the Georgia fans joy and enthusiasm over their win turn into screams of horror, pain and agony as the police unleashed their brutal assault. It was almost worth losing to watch that. By the way, this is a great lesson to all Gators to stay until the end of the game, even if we are losing. You never know when some opposing fan will get his ass kicked for being a loudmouth or challenging law enforcement. When it happens, you want to be there to see it.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
2001 - went to college at a small school in GA. Went down with a bunch people from school as the only UF fan. The ride home was fantastic after all the crap they had been talking.

1993 - the Lott game is the first one I remember watching. Once again surrounded by GA fans. If I remember it was also Halloween and went and proudly got my candy from all the UGA houses.

2008 - the revenge game was a thing of beauty. Was with the same people from the year before. Had to hear and watch that goal line celebration for an entire year. Their faces as the slaughter happened on our way to another championship still makes me smile today.

Sorest losers I e ever been around.

Luckily I’m at the age where there’s not a lot of bad memories for me with this game other than 97. That one was tough.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Weirdly enough 2 of my favorites were the Zook wins. Grossman to Troupe to seal the deal. Georgia was undefeated and top 5 in the country and had their best team ever under Richt. We got to spoil Georgias year for a change

2003 UGA was again top 5 and we drove with Leak down the field an got a game winning field goal with less than a minute left.

Both games Gators fans were fairly deflated and didn't have much hope. Kinda like this year.

I've had a very '02/'03/'14 feeling about this game...we will see

'09 was a good time for the black helmets and Tebow breaking the record
'10 I had a good time when a jackass UGA fan was doing the chomp going into OT, well Will Hill picked a ball and I may have ran and chomped in his face as he tried to hightail it out of a Gators section. Not my proudest moment...but was fun. And watching Punter Chaz Henry win the game with a FG was great.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Not my memory, as I wasn't there. However, my wife (long before I met her) was a HS SR in NJ looking for a school to go to. Her brother went to PSU, but she was looking up and down the East Coast - I suppose, trying to get some distance from mom & dad. She had her mom fly her down to Gainesville to check out the campus on what happened to be FL-GA weekend. They then drove to Jax to catch the game. This was 1990, Spurrier's first year, and UF won 30-14. She exclaimed to her mother than instant "I *have* to go to school here!!!"

From there, history was made. She spent her years there, met me at the Porpoise, and we have two great kids after 7 years of dating and 15 yrs of marriage.

PS - they locked their keys in the car at the game, didn't care when they had to wait for AAA to come through the post game traffic to help them out. She knew she wanted to attend a football school - SOS showed her what kind of football school UF would be. I'm very grateful to him for that.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've probably attended close to 20 WLOCP's. I'm guessing I've snuck at least 10 liters of bourbon into that stadium in that time.

I banged a UGA chick in 1990 late night after the game at a post-game party on the southside. She was smokin' hot, I was giving her sh*t, told her she'd "be proud to go back to Athens and tell her friends she did me", she got offended, we made out.....then I gave her a good ole fashioned "welcome to the Sunshine State" pounding!!

Good times!!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The 03' game was a lot of fun. Beautiful warm weather that day as I recall. We did just enough on offense, and the guys on D made Greene's
life a living hell. Got after him all game. I think it was Leach would make the GW kick. It looked like it was going to veer to the left of the upright, but straightened out breaking the pups hearts when it hit the net after going through the posts.

The game in 08 is without a doubt the most fun CP I have been to and maybe even the most gratifying regular season win I've attended. So many great moments. The big Haden pick that started the rout, our DT recovering a fumble and pulling a spin move on the QB, Spikes decapitating Moreno, and of course the timeouts inside the last minute. Even Brantley got in and threw a touchdown pass in the 4th quarter:bananadance2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator