Good WLOCP Memories

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The 03' game was a lot of fun. Beautiful warm weather that day as I recall. We did just enough on offense, and the guys on D made Greene's
life a living hell. Got after him all game. I think it was Leach would make the GW kick. It looked like it was going to veer to the left of the upright, but straightened out breaking the pups hearts when it hit the net after going through the posts.

The game in 08 is without a doubt the most fun CP I have been to and maybe even the most gratifying regular season win I've attended. So many great moments. The big Haden pick that started the rout, our DT recovering a fumble and pulling a spin move on the QB, Spikes decapitating Moreno, and of course the timeouts inside the last minute. Even Brantley got in and threw a touchdown pass in the 4th quarter:bananadance2:
The 08 game we had to sit on the Georgia side. It was glorious to be able to stretch my legs out in the seats in front of us before the 3rd quarter even ended

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The 08 game we had to sit on the Georgia side. It was glorious to be able to stretch my legs out in the seats in front of us before the 3rd quarter even ended

That's awesome. You had to have gotten on TV. Their side was empty except maybe a handful of gators Haha

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
F v c k georgia

One of my favorite movies..."I've seen things...you people...wouldn't believe!"

Likewise the couple of times I've been able to go to Jax for the game. The Anthone Lott TO was amazing, as UGA ran the play and thought they had won the game. After the TO, the next play was an incomplete pass and the good guys had a victory. All the Dawg fans could talk about as they exited the stadium was how the refs cheated them! They were all soaking wet from the weather. I, on the other hand, had seats in the Mayor's sky box fall into my lap and was not only dry, but well-fed and well-served! Their pitiful whines only added to my pleasure.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First one was '86. My parents finally felt that I was old enough(6) to go. When we came back to the van, there was a drunk uga fan using a broken bottle to shred a UF logo thing we had, and his buddy was kicking in the door of a UF car next to us. My mom was furious that my Dad had insisted I go, and I wasn't allowed to go again until '89.

Since '89, I've been to all minus '92, '95, '97, '12, '15 and last year. Worst was probably '07, but I really hated '89 for Smith.

My top 3 would be:

'93--awesome in the rain, though I did get crazy sick. I love that years and years later, Spurrier still references that ridiculous PI call on what should have been the final play.

'02--last true night game, and absolutely ripped their hearts out. Multiple uga fans were ready to kill someone that night. We laughed.

'08--we needed that to erase the 2007 debacle. From the opening "dry hump", to Sanders' Heisman move, and Rainey's delayed KO return, it was men toying with children. It was also quintessential Meyer.

Honorable mention--the '94 game in the Swamp was great, and featured probably a top 10 all-time UF play on Hambrick's pick-6. It still defies all logic that he scored. Plus we abused WM all night.

As for funny tailgating stories, the only real one I have is 2010. Traffic was bad on the way up, so we arrived late, which of course meant that we had to "catch up" quickly. Shots, beer, repeat. Yada, yada. yada, I'm still not convinced there was a first half of that game.

For anyone who's never gone, there is something very unique and special about leaving that stadium a victor, with the sun nearly completely set and the cool/cold wind coming off the St Johns. Honestly, it--along with 812's uga sentiment--can't be fully understood until you've experienced it.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Great thread. I posted one not too long ago about favorite memories of Gator games, but most people (including myself) primarily wrote about games in the Swamp. But there have been some great times in Jax too. I remember for the '91 game the forecast was for a cool day (I think about upper 60's), but it ended up being by game's end in the 30's. We were freezing, but loving every minute of a big win. I also remember that after that game we were pretty well on our way to winning the SEC (officially) and going to the Sugar Bowl, so my friends and I were throwing sugar cubes at anybody in red and black. I know it was obnoxious, but hey...they deserve it!

Go Gators!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SQ...waiting on the video of you after the Lito INT return...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes, with the blue shirt on. My roommate was next to me in the white shirt.

Yeah once I thought about it, aside from you, the entire clip is nothing but a lone uga woman and men. Probably could've figured that out on my own, but had already posted.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator