Grantham and Hevesy fired

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GTFO with this BS. Clean house
It's the classic stall -- an attempt to scratch the fan's itch to fire Cousin Eddie. "putting off the evil day". It's the same tendency in play that kept the Chump around an extra year to make Florida fall even further behind.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think they were gone at year's end anyway. Hell, they're probably happy about it. They can get in a quick vacation before finding some other program to ruin.
They might be happy but I'm not sure that Cousin Eddie would have done it without the pressure. I think Stricklin told him he had to make some cosmetic changes, at lease, to keep his job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Stricklin had decided to keep Dopey Dan regardless, he would be out there declaring it, just like Fooley did with Chimp in 2013.

What he did instead is fire Mullinz bestfriend in the world, Hevesie, which makes no sense bc we arent changing OL play in 3 weeks (and the OL problem is 99% stupid Mullinz schemes anyway).

I think in the end we probably just don't have enough GAs or quality assistants under the age of 90 to fire more people now.

this is just a move by Stricklin to make the last 3 weeks painful for Mullins so it's a "mutual decision" instead of a firing.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If Stricklin had decided to keep Dopey Dan regardless, he would be out there declaring it, just like Fooley did with Chimp in 2013.

What he did instead is fire Mullinz bestfriend in the world, Hevesie, which makes no sense bc we arent changing OL play in 3 weeks (and the OL problem is 99% stupid Mullinz schemes anyway).
Again, I hope you're right. Maybe Stricklin will end up doing the right thing this year. This arrogant ass has to go.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I hope you're right. May Stricklin will end up doing the right thing this year. This arrogant ass has to go.
I still think Stricklin will be gone first.

We will be in the difficult position of a new or acting ad having to hire a new coach the day he arrives on campus.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
but I never thought Fooley would survive Chimp either.

Most athletic directors don't survive even one garbage hire.

This is an incredible shtt show right now though, even by the atrocious standards Fooley has set in the "Not Going to Compete" era.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
So who's gonna call defense the last 3 games?
Who's been calling the defense the past 4 years?

It's been a mystery to me.

A magic eighball? Darts? Fortune cookie? Tea leaves? Randomly selected local homeless people?

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
it will be.

But I expect Stricklin first.

this is just a lame attempt at not having an empty stadium the next two home games.
Why pick on Stricklin. He built a new baseball and softball stadium. I hear he's being looked at to rebuild the Pork n Bean projects in Miami.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was recruiting with Hevesy. But... too little, too late. Dan figuring out the Big Uglies matter in the 4th year? Pffft.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
This is disappointing because I think we were all hoping they would clean house. Mullen has no chance to recover. It wasn't going to work from the start. Sucks that it will possibly take another half of a season to get rid of him. This does not come close to fixing the problems. If he loses to mizzou and fsu you guys think he still survives to go another half season before getting fired? I don't understand Mullen's pov. He has to know he cant overcome this mess. He should negotiate his buyout and move on.
That's what I thought but maybe he realized he will have to go to a Central Michigan and feels himself above it. He knows his ass is grass if he ends like this.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I've thought this was Dan's plan all along after last year. He kept Todd around to be the scapegoat this year. When you're making the kind of money Dan is making, its all about how long you can hang in. His goal is to string this out as long as possible. If this gets him 2022, that another $7.6M in the bank.
That sounds about right. A little cynical, but what the hell. The truth sounds that way at times.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
You know it's bad when swamp donkey is the voice of reason. In case you fuchers forgot we still have 3 more games to play this year, you honestly expect them to fire every coach now and let the players just wing it? Mullen is gone after the season, quit crying like little b!tches, your embarrassing yourselves.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I can see it now....the new interim AD for the University of Florida....JEREMY FOLEY!!!

He will begin the search for a new head football coach immediately. In the meantime, we also begin the search to find a permanent athletic director to replace Stricklin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator