Grim Injury Report 10/3

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2bea101e59f5b0839935375e36fd1acd.jpg

Updated injury report. Good to see Cox and Brantley good to go most likely.
Anzalone had a stent? I hope it's a splint.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at the video, Sharpe did go inside and he actually had someone to block on the inside that would have had a clean path to LDR quicker than the Wheeler kid got to him getting by Cyontai, IMO.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-gators-qb-luke-del-rio-injures-knee-low-hit
You're right. It must have been another play, maybe Kintucky. However, notice HE DOES TURN INSIDE to help the guard, then sees the blitz by #21 and takes him. Even if there was no blitz, he would have left Cyontai alone on North Texas' best DE.

Once the DT who lined up in 7 tech moves across Sharpe's face, which he did immediately stunting inside, Sharpe should have let him go. He's Ivey's guy. These are basics that a third year guy should know and it has nothing to do with his shoulder.

Too be fair, Del Rio has to see that safety in the box on a 4 receiver set, and think blitz. (He should also be thinking three high zone based on the alignment, but it could be one high man or some disguised coverage I suppose.) He should also realize after the snap that the blitz (#21 should have had his attention already as he moved into the box) has a DE isolated on a TE and take something other than the slow developing route. On most plays there is a hot route, or I'm sure he has an option of calling a hot route if there isn't.

Of course, Chris Thompson is probably the hot route on that. He was open immediately for a quick hitter. Del Rio probably has about as much confidence in Thompson as I do.

I suspect Mark Thompson may have had duties to assist the TE on that blitz (or pick up any free blitzers.) If he didn't, and Del Rio had decided he was going to take that slower developing route, he should have audible Thompson to help.

Then Del Rio threw into double coverage. :(

Del Rio looks pretty polished most of the time but we have to remember he has only started a couple of games in his career. I'm not being hypercritical but in time this stuff will come to him.

There were several breakdowns in that play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator