Grim Injury Report 10/3

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
agreed. Even vandy was able to pound the rock and create some nice gains. If we had trouble stopping them at times, oh boy we better tighten up the straps because LSU isn't vandy

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Have no fear, Wyoming Wild Man is here!

You know, the guy that was raved about all last offseason and has never done anything of significance. We are in trouble boys.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
We could be missing the entire starting DL.

Anzalone will be wearing a splint on his hand.

Sharpe may miss time with a shoulder injury (not sure that's awful) and Ivey will take his spot while Tyler Jordan comes back to fill Martez's LG spot.

No decision on Del Rio yet.

http://www.scout.com/college/florida/story/1713309-gators-banged-up-on-dl-del-rio-closer
Sharpe had a shoulder injury last year, as I recall, and his play was not the same afterward. Hard to resist pressure the same way with an injured shoulder. After that, people started talking about him having no push and being a turnstile. I don't know for a fact, but it would make sense and be likely it is the same shoulder.

Based on last year and the way the autonomic nervous system works, I think you can expect him to not really be able to withstand as much push pressure this season when he gets back.

Really important for later in season that Del Rio not come back too soon.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Sharpe has been our worst offensive lineman this yr and it's because he's lazy as sh*t! Dude is 30 pounds over what they asked him to be and now he's blaming his "piss poor play" on his shoulder. I was told that Mac is tired of his sh*t and don't be surprised if Ivey starts in his spot this weekend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we had the depth to bench all the non-performers.

Ivey in pass protection is scary but it is what it is. At least he will try maybe.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Oh I get it. Now we can blame all the failure on injuries! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, where have I seen this all before I wonder....

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I wish we had the depth to bench all the non-performers.

Ivey in pass protection is scary but it is what it is. At least he will try maybe.
(Word is) he's better on the outside. Ivey has problems with the "bull rush" and that won't be much of an issue this week since he'll be going against Arden Key. Key is a smaller DE who relies on his quickness. Sharpe has struggled mighty against players like Key all season...hell the dude who injured Del-Rio was Sharpe's man but he completely whiffed on the block. If Sharpe does start Saturday Key will be in Del-Rio's ass all game long...book it!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
(hell the dude who injured Del-Rio was Sharpe's man but he completely whiffed on the block.
I thought so. If I remember correctly I thought he looked inside and helped Ivey and Riles with the guy they were already doubleteaming leaving Cyontai to block the DE alone. I knew it was probably Sharpe who made the error. Didn't see a threatened inside blitz or anything and you know Dillard knew what the call was since he made it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
whid.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Sharpe has been absolute trash. Johnson hasn't been much better. Guess we're stuck with Fred since Tyler is going in on the left side. Don't care if I ever see Sharpe on the field again. It's about time Mac started kicking the garbage out to the curb. Way past it in fact. He needs to do a better job of kicking these guys in the ass.

so now we're looking at Ivey, Jordan, Dillard, Johnson, Taylor. shaky at best and any injury to this group and you can cancel Christmas.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope LSU pulls their 3rd stringers by the 4th quarter so we can get some good practice in.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Fournette is still not guaranteed to play this week, and they might be missing a couple OL.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe has been absolute trash. Johnson hasn't been much better. Guess we're stuck with Fred since Tyler is going in on the left side. Don't care if I ever see Sharpe on the field again. It's about time Mac started kicking the garbage out to the curb. Way past it in fact. He needs to do a better job of kicking these guys in the ass.

so now we're looking at Ivey, Jordan, Dillard, Johnson, Taylor. shaky at best and any injury to this group and you can cancel Christmas.

Johnson and Ivey had the most screw ups by far from what I have seen watching some of the replays. I guess Mac is pissed because Sharpe isn't giving top effort supposedly but he has definitely played better than those 2. Maybe Ivey will improve being at Tackle. He has a lot of mental breakdowns at Guard.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When we play against 2nd stringers we make them look like all stars!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2bea101e59f5b0839935375e36fd1acd.jpg

Updated injury report. Good to see Cox and Brantley good to go most likely.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought so. If I remember correctly I thought he looked inside and helped Ivey and Riles with the guy they were already doubleteaming leaving Cyontai to block the DE alone. I knew it was probably Sharpe who made the error. Didn't see a threatened inside blitz or anything and you know Dillard knew what the call was since he made it.
Looking at the video, Sharpe did go inside and he actually had someone to block on the inside that would have had a clean path to LDR quicker than the Wheeler kid got to him getting by Cyontai, IMO.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-gators-qb-luke-del-rio-injures-knee-low-hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator