Hail Mary my ass........

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The vol DC has addressed the issue. Shoops said that the defense he called was specifically designed to stop the 15 yd pass and that it did so successfully. Says Cleveland and Felipe had made eye contact and improvised. Says the pass was not a hail Mary (claims they had the hail Mary covered--defense would have shifted had the receivers lined up for a hail Mary.). But he described the pass as "flukey".

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
2NC;1NH. From my concealed carry class. There is a third phrase that might offend.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
We need a stickied thread that contains a compilation of the Heave to Cleve from various angles. It will help us in upcoming tough times.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
smart bomb
dirty bomb
"a Franks"

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What if Tennessee waited a few seconds until the receivers were about 10 yards downfield, then tackled every one of them?

15 yards for pass interference or unsportsmanlike gives us one play (either a few seconds left on the clock or an untimed down) to have Eddie try a 65 yarder or Franks to try a REAL Hail Mary. My guess is Eddy and that's a really tough kick. The NFL record is 64 yards by Matt Prater in the thin air of Mile High Stadium.

If I'm Tennessee, I take the sure 15 yards instead of the chance that we hit a 20 or 25 yard out before time runs out giving Eddie a much better shot at making the kick.

Alex.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is what a Hail Mary looks like... I know... I was in the stadium

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What if Tennessee waited a few seconds until the receivers were about 10 yards downfield, then tackled every one of them?

15 yards for pass interference or unsportsmanlike gives us one play (either a few seconds left on the clock or an untimed down) to have Eddie try a 65 yarder or Franks to try a REAL Hail Mary. My guess is Eddy and that's a really tough kick. The NFL record is 64 yards by Matt Prater in the thin air of Mile High Stadium.

If I'm Tennessee, I take the sure 15 yards instead of the chance that we hit a 20 or 25 yard out before time runs out giving Eddie a much better shot at making the kick.

Alex.

Eddie has hit from 81 yards in practice reps.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So film room with Franks and Cleveland.
Cleve saw the CB pressing so he nodded over to Franks "to let him get a chance"
The call was a 15 yard dig route to Hammond on the other side - that's the route Callaway scored on in 2015.
When Franks rolled out he saw the safety come up and it was all over. Cleve was supposed to run a straight go route but if gets behind the safety he turns it in which he did.
Watching the replay it also looks like the safety on the other side of the field lets Powell get behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator