Happy Festivus Gatorchatter

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Was in Gainesville on that day. It was a bytch getting around town. Had to drive back to Palatka that afternoon, it was a shyt show and took 2 hours.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I lived in Gainesville at that time and have no memory of that.

I thought I was looking at an ice skating rink when I opened it. Snow doesn't stay on the ground long in Florida.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
In January '77 I was in a surveying class doing field work around Broward Hall--cold as hell and light rain. Fingers numb to the bone--you can't wear gloves setting up a transit. After getting back to class, instruments dried and put away, we went to the warmth of the classroom to clean up our field notes and finish calculations. I looked outside and big wet snowflakes were falling. There were car wrecks all over town that afternoon--people gawking at the snow.

That night it got down to 18 deg and burst pipes everywhere. The circuit in my room (ancient apartment building tinder box in student ghetto) went out (space heaters) and the temp dropped fast. The panel room was locked. I banged on the resident manager's door for like 10 min--no answer. To avoid freezing to death I went to the main panel box on the side of the building and shut off the main switch. Now nobody had power or heat. People started pouring out the building like I'd a kicked an ant pile. The manager came out finally, opened up the panel room and reset the circuit to my room (old screw-in buss fuses). Man, people (the womenfolk especially) were mad at me.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In January '77 I was in a surveying class doing field work around Broward Hall--cold as hell and light rain. Fingers numb to the bone--you can't wear gloves setting up a transit. After getting back to class, instruments dried and put away, we went to the warmth of the classroom to clean up our field notes and finish calculations. I looked outside and big wet snowflakes were falling. There were car wrecks all over town that afternoon--people gawking at the snow.

That night it got down to 18 deg and burst pipes everywhere. The circuit in my room (ancient apartment building tinder box in student ghetto) went out (space heaters) and the temp dropped fast. The panel room was locked. I banged on the resident manager's door for like 10 min--no answer. To avoid freezing to death I went to the main panel box on the side of the building and shut off the main switch. Now nobody had power or heat. People started pouring out the building like I'd a kicked an ant pile. The manager came out finally, opened up the panel room and reset the circuit to my room (old screw-in buss fuses). Man, people (the womenfolk especially) were mad at me.

I was on campus. Felt like a miracle. Classes were let out early.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This year for Christmas I want a new AD and head coach for the UF Football team!

achristmasstory-santaclaus.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I thought I was looking at an ice skating rink when I opened it. Snow doesn't stay on the ground long in Florida.

I’ll be honest. I’d contemplated leaving the board after the new year just for a change of pace. But this is the type of unique insight I can’t walk away from.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ll be honest. I’d contemplated leaving the board after the new year just for a change of pace. But this is the type of unique insight I can’t walk away from.
"Blizzard" of January 2014... lest we forget.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, pretty much everything. Sadly, she’s a pretty incredible woman and darn pretty and makes a DAMN good salary (3 times his salary).

You know the old saying, “yeah…. But someone is sick of her shiit.” I get it. But damn that is just about as ruthless as it gets.

He actually messaged her today asking that she doesn’t take the kids from him :lmao2:
What an unbelievable azzhole. I don’t care how challenging this gal may be to live with, only a total jerk does a move like this. I’m sure she’s not thinking this at the moment, but someday soon, and for the rest of her life, she’s going to be glad this loser is not a part of her life anymore.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yep its either the vast knowledge you get here or Ox's mind camp that keeps you coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator