Happy Thanksgiving Gatorchatter!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To my Gatorchatter sisters and brethren, Happy Thanksgiving.

There have been a lot of challenges in more than just football over the last couple of years, but that's never stopped you from dropping in and contributing to this insane group of football nuts. It means a lot to see you here, even if I don't like some of you. I am very thankful for the small piece of Gatordom we have carved out here, and thankful for all of you who make it go.

Enjoy the time with your families today, and count your blessings. We are lucky to live in a country where the aspirations of a football team can seem important - millions (perhaps billions) of people around the world have to deal with much bigger worries.

Discuss.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It means a lot to see you here, even if I don't like some of you.
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Eat lots of Turkey, take a nap, give lots of hugs, and enjoy some football. Have a great Thanksgiving all of you. Will be especially thankful for a Nole Beatdown.

This is a great place @oxrageous.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same to you @oxrageous and all of the chatter congregation. Here’s hoping that it is a great day for all, but if nothing else goes right, I hope you all get the neck before somebody else snags it, there’s no drunken brawl at your house, trailer, shelter get together, and your sweet potatoes are marshmallo-free. Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We have much to be thankful for: Faith, Family, Freedom and Friends.

Roast Turkey Cooking GIF by Julia Child

Last edited:

TheDude

Jan 1, 2022
I just wanted to wish all the lunatics and sadists here a happy Thanksgiving. I hope all the families are well, and would always enjoy some new recipes, so from my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.
Go Gators!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
What a day, grandchildren and cousins running around, uncles, aunts, great camp fire last night and more to come!. Thanks to Ox and all Chatterers, what a great place and Go Gators.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to wish all the lunatics and sadists here a happy Thanksgiving. I hope all the families are well, and would always enjoy some new recipes, so from my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.
Go Gators!
Same to you and yours, brother. Btw just noticed your av…are y’all having Mofongo with your Thanksgiving meal? Always wanted to try it.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've done some reading lately about the US Thanksgiving holiday - the history, the tradition, the uniqueness of this US holiday, and the opportunity to reflect on what "Being Thankful" means for me. What I take from that reading is that the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday has evolved significantly over time (some good, some bad), and while there are some commonly adopted "traditions" (turkey, football, shopping, etc.), for each of us Thanksgiving can mean different things. I'd like to share what it means for me.

I've been blessed with family, friends, my health, and colleagues that inspire me, challenge me, and help me grow every day. It is so easy to be wrapped up in day-to-day activities and the natural stresses and pressures that come along that you can forget about the opportunity to take a step back and reflect, and for me that is what the "Thanksgiving holiday" is about - an opportunity for reflection and perspective.

I reflect on the changes over the past year, new relationships I've built, and ongoing relationships that continue to grow. I reflect on the inspiration I get from the people around me, and the satisfaction of being able to help others even in small ways. I reflect on the joy of accomplishments, the learning from failures, and the desire that every day to be better than the day before.

From that reflection, I hopefully gain perspective in recognizing that I am very lucky to have the family, friends, colleagues, and opportunities in front of me and that all of these are a blessing that many don't share. That knowledge makes me humble, and hungry to help those around me to gain the "luck" that I have experienced.

My wish for all of you, whether you spend this time with family and friends or solo, in a traditional or non-traditional way, is that you have the opportunity to reflect on what you are thankful for and to be able to gain perspective from that reflection.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - my friends, colleagues, and extended family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.