Happy Thanksgiving Gatorchatter!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wife trying an experiment this year. A 6 pound turkey breast in the instapot, then placed under broiler to crisp skin, total cook time one hour.

So if I croak from botulism later, it’s been a great honor knowing y’all.

Happy Thanksgiving though in all seriousness. Blessings abound.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Someone better go check on @BNAG8R

Happy Thanksgiving

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I went to Hogtown to pick up a Gator friend of mine and brought him to Brandon for Thanksgiving. He has no remaining family and can't get around much anymore., but we used to travel to Gator games all over the country before he got ill. The 1996 Sugar Bowl was the best.

I didn't know how I would feel about the drive to pick him up and then take him back, but so far, it touched me as well as Mrs. g8tr76. He is so thankful that he can spend the day with friends and have a home cooked meal, and we are thankful that we can do something for someone who has no family and very little life anymore.

Except for the drive, this wasn't much of a sacrifice, but the reward is having someone who feels like he has a family to spend some time with. I suppose that is what the day is all about!

Happy Thanksgiving to all Gatorchatter!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Happy Thanksgiving Chatterers. Spatchcocking a brined turkey today. And its snowing. Y'all remember Who you are Thanking and make sure you thank Him for Liberty, Freedom and the greatest country in the history of the world. So far.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've done some reading lately about the US Thanksgiving holiday - the history, the tradition, the uniqueness of this US holiday, and the opportunity to reflect on what "Being Thankful" means for me. What I take from that reading is that the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday has evolved significantly over time (some good, some bad), and while there are some commonly adopted "traditions" (turkey, football, shopping, etc.), for each of us Thanksgiving can mean different things. I'd like to share what it means for me.

I've been blessed with family, friends, my health, and colleagues that inspire me, challenge me, and help me grow every day. It is so easy to be wrapped up in day-to-day activities and the natural stresses and pressures that come along that you can forget about the opportunity to take a step back and reflect, and for me that is what the "Thanksgiving holiday" is about - an opportunity for reflection and perspective.

I reflect on the changes over the past year, new relationships I've built, and ongoing relationships that continue to grow. I reflect on the inspiration I get from the people around me, and the satisfaction of being able to help others even in small ways. I reflect on the joy of accomplishments, the learning from failures, and the desire that every day to be better than the day before.

From that reflection, I hopefully gain perspective in recognizing that I am very lucky to have the family, friends, colleagues, and opportunities in front of me and that all of these are a blessing that many don't share. That knowledge makes me humble, and hungry to help those around me to gain the "luck" that I have experienced.

My wish for all of you, whether you spend this time with family and friends or solo, in a traditional or non-traditional way, is that you have the opportunity to reflect on what you are thankful for and to be able to gain perspective from that reflection.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - my friends, colleagues, and extended family.

:scoff3:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
After Vandy, I'm pretty checked out of things for the year.
However, we do have much to be thankful for.
"In all things give thanks."
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to Hogtown to pick up a Gator friend of mine and brought him to Brandon for Thanksgiving. He has no remaining family and can't get around much anymore., but we used to travel to Gator games all over the country before he got ill. The 1996 Sugar Bowl was the best.

I didn't know how I would feel about the drive to pick him up and then take him back, but so far, it touched me as well as Mrs. g8tr76. He is so thankful that he can spend the day with friends and have a home cooked meal, and we are thankful that we can do something for someone who has no family and very little life anymore.

Except for the drive, this wasn't much of a sacrifice, but the reward is having someone who feels like he has a family to spend some time with. I suppose that is what the day is all about!

Happy Thanksgiving to all Gatorchatter!

Now it feels like Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
After Vandy, I'm pretty checked out of things for the year.
However, we do have much to be thankful for.
"In all things give thanks."
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Maybe big win this week will get you back in the fold, Happy Thanksgiving AK

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm thankful that Ox set this place up and for all of you, it's a great outlet (sometimes, too great an outlet!)...

I'm also thankful that I live in an area that is still a God, country, and guns (as I told BNA this morning, 'Murica wouldn't have had turkey at the first Thanksgiving without guns, just some crappy injun food) kind of place... and even more thankful that we have a brand new Piggly Wiggly 10 minutes away that still had a half gallon of skim milk or I wouldn't have been able to come home after the internet lied and Winn-Dixie was closed (knew that Walmart and Publix were closed), no gas station had any, Dollar General out... and I was supposed to pick it up yesterday on way home from the beach... so yeah, I'm really thankful for Piggly Wiggly.

I'm also really glad that Lamborghini #2 and Cessna (with her great boyfriend, aka "Colombian 'coffee' farm guy") were able to come home for the weekend and Lamborghini #1 is hanging out with us on video calls until he goes to his Thanksgiving dinner with friends in Chicago.

I'll be really thankful if my Lions pull of their 4th straight win, and even more thankful when the Gators win tomorrow night.

Basically, I'm thankful... have a great day/weekend everyone.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the turkey breast was perfect. Just over an hour cook time. Excellent juice too for gravy and turkey stock.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
False. Useless factoid: the Communists used marshmallow to make the heat shield tiles on their knock off space shuttle... it didn't work out.

Oh there’s always the ELITE who run things and own everything in a country that “shares the wealth.” I was referring to the common man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.