Harbaugh wants Meechigan to Hold Spring Practice @ IMG

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA will never allow it, unless the University of Michigan opens a campus in Sarasota.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't we hold ours in Tuscaloosa? More talent there than anywhere in the country.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Uh-huh … and he wants Michigan's cheerleaders to practice there too.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ok so a vacation to Florida in the winter. Why vacation for one week when you can live here all year and play ball too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If he can pull it off it's a great idea. Got to give him credit for being creative...

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
so like spring training? pretty good idea. I imagine meyer will be just as vocal as coaches down here... then do the same thing next year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They should tell him to forget it. With multiple recent coaching openings in Florida, if he wanted to coach in Florida, he should have moved to Florida.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know some of you guys like Harbough but I'm glad he's not our coach. He's one of the biggest douche bags in all of sports.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is a smart move by him if he can make it happen. He realizes there is a ton of talent in Florida and wants to increase Michigan's visibility in the State and do it at one of the top talent producing schools.

If the NCAA allows it then it opens up a lot of crafty stuff for everybody.. I don't think they will.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Interesting. This doesn't fit with the big 10ish "academics" mantra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It is a smart move by him if he can make it happen. He realizes there is a ton of talent in Florida and wants to increase Michigan's visibility in the State and do it at one of the top talent producing schools.

If the NCAA allows it then it opens up a lot of crafty stuff for everybody.. I don't think they will.
He recently gave Michigan's Florida visibility a huge boost. Bot t-gator is correct, he is a jerk.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dude is one if not the best at finding every advantage there is to be had. Football coaching at it's finest....When you consider his career along with his brother and father's, there really isn't anything he hasn't experienced first or second hand...Urb's is going to be in a world of butthurt sooner than later...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will result in a recruiting enhancement ploy that should open floodgates of other
programs choosing similar "recruiting-visit-weeks" to high schools. High schools
should be off-limits to these "disguised" college self-promotions… why didn't Mac
think of this? ...:confused:

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
So is the University of Michigan is going to write IMG Academy a check to rent their facilities for the camp? If so, the whole arrangement might be questionable. What's to stop IMG, and St. Thomas Aquinas and Miami Central from bidding out the rights to a camp at their schools?

This gets real sketchy real quick if money is going to change hands.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
So is the University of Michigan is going to write IMG Academy a check to rent their facilities for the camp? If so, the whole arrangement might be questionable. What's to stop IMG, and St. Thomas Aquinas and Miami Central from bidding out the rights to a camp at their schools?

This gets real sketchy real quick if money is going to change hands.
You can say that again

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Dude is one if not the best at finding every advantage there is to be had. Football coaching at it's finest....When you consider his career along with his brother and father's, there really isn't anything he hasn't experienced first or second hand...Urb's is going to be in a world of butthurt sooner than later...

Too bad you cant find a way to combine Bert and Harbaugh.....Bertbaugh. Gets you excited doesnt it?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So the whole team is going to take online classes in the Spring semester?

Or can he call this a "study abroad" program?

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator