Hardest Schedule in the Country!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ali Peek mentions Bill Connolly's ranking of NCAA team's returning production and it's an interesting topic.
Florida is higher/better than every team we play (at 68%) except for two (TX A&M and TX). I've added those rankings above and am sticking to 8-4.

We really looking at a billy tater coached team and thinking, the only thing holding us back is lack of upper classmen?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We really looking at a billy tater coached team and thinking, the only thing holding us back is lack of upper classmen?
No, not at all. I'm also using tea leaves, a Ouiga board and a blind, all-seeing Shaman.

But if one of our many previous excuses was that we're a young team, to excuse away the losses, then it would stand to reason that at some point that youth will grow up and become experienced.

It's just a data point really and so I thought I'd bring it to the table.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
But if one of our many previous excuses was that we're a young team, to excuse away the losses, then it would stand to reason that at some point that youth will grow up and become experienced.
What if we see the same use of FR players and are talked to about being young, again? If the staff does not lose any games and perceptibly wins games, it could be promising.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
What if we see the same use of FR players and are talked to about being young, again? If the staff does not lose any games and perceptibly wins games, it could be promising.
If the first part continues then it'll be frustrating but the second part would be refreshing.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
What Ali is saying isn't anything mind blowing or crazy. We played a lot of youth last season and for the most part that is a good thing. But it has nothing to do with why we lost. Heck, we had a new QB running a system for the first time and looked pretty good doing it, with an explosive freshmen along side a pretty good senior. We have a decent starting 22 with a lot of youth. But it isn't why we lost. Thats the problem and why most of us are angry...we have better talent than 5-7 and had no business losing most of the games we lost. God bless her, she is a die hard Gator and is looking for the positives, and when you put it on paper things look positive because we are much better than 5-7. But paper dont play the games.

Im a die hard Gator as well but I dont see much changing. Hope it does...

edit...I will say this, lots has been made about how wimpy our strength and conditioning was for the last two seasons which seems to be validated by watching us get pushed around in games against quality lineman. Maybe getting a new S&C coach will help make a difference. I dont know...again...hope so...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.