Has anyone wondered why Mac wanted to leave UF?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he wanted to be here until after the Michigan game this year. Otherwise he wouldn't have tried to sell his BBQ sauce here this season. But I think that Michigan game was a big shot to his self-esteem and ego. I think he legitimately thought he'd have a good season this year, and Michigan kicked him square in the nuts. That's why he always acted depressed in his pressers. He knows deep down that he hasn't done a good job as the head coach and the lack of support from the fans and admin just added to his desire to get out of town.

He's a lazy recruiter and coach, so I'm sure he prefers the smaller programs that don't have high expectations.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And last but not least he sent this guy to WVU
grier-will-09102015-us-news-getty-ftr_115mwjq63sxta17ox021xq7xcj.jpg

......Who ever has been stupid enough to shoe away a guy who went 6-0 playing behind the worst offensive line in modern CFB history and just happens to lead the nation in TD passes.....The guy wouldn't know talent if it hit him across the face AND he put his future career before the program....BTW isn't it funny how all we hear about Grier now is what a great team mate, student and father he is instead of the high maintenance, spoiled, coke snorting azzhole he was when he was here......Mac ruined our program and Grier should sue him for defamation of character since he had the rumors spread.....

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
And last but not least he sent this guy to WVU
grier-will-09102015-us-news-getty-ftr_115mwjq63sxta17ox021xq7xcj.jpg

......Who ever has been stupid enough to shoe away a guy who went 6-0 playing behind the worst offensive line in modern CFB history and just happens to lead the nation in TD passes.....The guy wouldn't know talent if it hit him across the face AND he put his future career before the program....BTW isn't it funny how all we hear about Grier now is what a great team mate, student and father he is instead of the high maintenance, spoiled, coke snorting azzhole he was when he was here......Mac ruined our program and Grier should sue him for defamation of character since he had the rumors spread.....

He was arrogant enough to believe he could win championships with scrubs like Appleby and Del Rio, then the pumpers will say well he won the east with those two QB's, he did but we had to rely on Tennessee losing to Muschump for that to happen. On top of all that he had all of Muschumps blue chip defensive players to rely on his first two years.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone ever wondered why Amber has a goofy looking man as her avatar?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He was arrogant enough to believe he could win championships with Del Rio,

FIFY.

Appleby was an after thought to McElwain. Del Rio was his plan all along. He brought Del Rio in because Del Rio is his kind of McElroy-McCarron type QB. Grier was encouraged to leave because he had Del Rio becoming eligible. Appleby was depth, just as Zaire was this year. Franks was only a possibility in the future.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac ran Grier off because there was no other way to keep him off the field and he thought he could do just as well with Del Rio.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Although I "know" absolutely nothing about why anybody does anything, I don't mind playing amateur sleuth concerning the great funk that consumed our late, not so great head coach. He appeared to be genuinely shocked, deeply pissed and ultimately undone by the need to actually produce results that were commiserate with the enormous sums he was being paid. The inner dialogue must have gone something like this: "The nerve of these people! Don't they know who I think I am? I'll take my ill-gotten gains, 15 minutes of fame, and this crappy BBQ sauce and jump the first excuse out of town! I'll show you!"

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Great googily moogily.

For a grin I googled his BBQ sauce. I didn't realize that ass-hat got the admin to sell that crap at concession stands DURING the Vols game. Guess he was too busy managing the concessions and not the clock.

Every day, I hate him more.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Has anyone wondered why Mac wanted to leave UF?

No, but I have often wondered why we wanted to hire him in the first place.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wonder how long it will take him to pack all his sh*t and get out of town. He's gotta be embarrassed to show his face in that town.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I thought he looked almost despondent after the Ut, looking around the stadium etc. like he was appreciating something he was about to lose. Was it the pressure to win or was there something else? Maybe the credit card deal landed more on him than we’ve heard?

Or maybe I’m reading too much into. I dunno.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cause Publix and Winn Dixie were running too many Buy One Get One free ads on Kraft and Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauces!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.