Has Muschamp been fired yet?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Foley is a fool, he made a huge mistake believing last year was a fluke due to injuries and this team was a 9 or 10 win team. But he can't make that same mistake now. I know a lot of folks expect chimp back but I just cannot believe any human is this blind. Foley makes the switch after the FSU massacre (again).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
kepler;n77737 said:
Foley is a fool, he made a huge mistake believing last year was a fluke due to injuries and this team was a 9 or 10 win team. But he can't make that same mistake now. I know a lot of folks expect chimp back but I just cannot believe any human is this blind. Foley makes the switch after the FSU massacre (again).

I don't think so. I think he gets fired after losing to Mizzou next week. He is the worst coach in D1 CFB. If we wait until the end of the season it will be too late as far as recruiting and transfers go......The time is now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I believe many of you are wrong. When he loses next week to Mizz, the decision will be made. Maybe not announced until later, but the search process will begin. Forget wins and losses. The program is toxic right now. Recruiting us a disaster and our only hope was a banner season, which went out the window last night(technically well before last night).

It's over for WM. Just a matter of time. And that time is now inside a week, IMO.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n77848 said:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I believe many of you are wrong. When he loses next week to Mizz, the decision will be made. Maybe not announced until later, but the search process will begin. Forget wins and losses. The program is toxic right now. Recruiting us a disaster and our only hope was a banner season, which went out the window last night(technically well before last night).

It's over for WM. Just a matter of time. And that time is now inside a week, IMO.

I agree. He will have went 3-10 SINCE THE BEGINNING OF LAST SEASON with what is considered to be tied for the 2nd most talented roster in all of CFB according to a combined recruiting services average. We all know that recruiting can be hit or miss but we can't have that many misses. What we have is a coach who consistently makes the worst decisions that I have ever seen in 45 years of watching CFB.....I feel we are at a crossroads right now and a loss next week will spell the end of this mess.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
banner.png

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Someone call Donald Trump. He may have a two for one special.

Dan Mullen will be hired by some other school before Foley
Gets off the pot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n77669 said:
The destruction this man has wrought upon our school's football program is disgusting to behold and he needs to clean out his desk and then men in hazmat suits need to enter the facilities with bleach and completely disinfect the place. Mainly for fleas.
M-408_DF-02153.jpg

spook

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see if Harris adds anything this week. If not, we'll be eliminated from anything good this year and it will be open season on Muschamp.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Just a FWIW: I just read Neil Shulman's blog "In All Kinds Of Weather" and he says according to a source close to the program, once we have been eliminated of any chance to win the SEC East, Muschamp will be fired.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LadyGator74;n77871 said:
Just a FWIW: I just read Neil Shulman's blog "In All Kinds Of Weather" and he says according to a source close to the program, once we have been eliminated of any chance to win the SEC East, Muschamp will be fired.

Get Mullen on the phone.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n77852 said:
I agree. He will have went 3-10 SINCE THE BEGINNING OF LAST SEASON with what is considered to be tied for the 2nd most talented roster in all of CFB according to a combined recruiting services average. We all know that recruiting can be hit or miss but we can't have that many misses. What we have is a coach who consistently makes the worst decisions that I have ever seen in 45 years of watching CFB.....I feel we are at a crossroads right now and a loss next week will spell the end of this mess.

For the sake of the program, I hope you and SoFla are right.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n77683]As much as you want it to happen, it won't until the season's final snap has been played at the earliest. Foley is going to give himself as much room as possible before he caves in to admitting he was wrong. Note I said himself and not Muschamp. This has everything to do with self-preservation.[/QUOTE]

Foley would have to be fired by Machen. Machen,as we all know (or should know) is retiring. The search for his successor is not only underway, it is well underway, and, according to the e-mails alumni continually get on the progress of the search, appears to be in its final stages. Machen is not going to fire his highly respected AD on his way out, and his successor will have a lot more on his or her plate than Foley. Foley will do what he has to do, but I am sure he will wait until the end of season. Foley says that he always has a list of potential successors for each coach in his desk. It would be interesting to see who is on his football list.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n77874 said:
Foley would have to be fired by Machen. Machen,as we all know (or should know) is retiring. The search for his successor is not only underway, it is well underway, and, according to the e-mails alumni continually get on the progress of the search, appears to be in its final stages. Machen is not going to fire his highly respected AD on his way out, and his successor will have a lot more on his or her plate than Foley. Foley will do what he has to do, but I am sure he will wait until the end of season. Foley says that he always has a list of potential successors for each coach in his desk. It would be interesting to see who is on his football list.

You evidently misunderstood me, Savannah. I didn't mean to infer Foley would be fired but rather that he was concerned with his own legacy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
PASSING YARDS

208.6 91stOverall

RUSHING YARDS

176.4 57thOverall

POINTS FOR

31.8 56thOverall

POINTS AGAINST

22.2 44th

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n77796 said:
I don't think so. I think he gets fired after losing to Mizzou next week. He is the worst coach in D1 CFB. If we wait until the end of the season it will be too late as far as recruiting and transfers go......The time is now.

I agree, except I do believe the time was last year. By allowing a coach who lost 7 in a row last year to stay, Foley has lowered the bar. And he continues to do so.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n77848 said:

And what if he beats Mizzou? Not because we are world beaters but because they are probably worse than Tenn.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n77737 said:

What did he see though? There were folks(like me) that saw this in year one and that 11-2 was all smoke and mirrors. Last year the wheels finally came off. There's still morons on Swamp Gas saying that this year is "basecamp". Basecamp? LOL!!!! Those folks are actually a detriment to the program.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n77907 said:
And what if he beats Mizzou? Not because we are world beaters but because they are probably worse than Tenn.

This whole era is full of "what if's", "maybe's", "but's", etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator