Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to be a long bye week. Long. I expect this place (and every other Gator board) to be a ghost town for most of it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
bradgator2;n85084 said:
Is the key word here "they" instead of "we"?

Well if he's going to be recruiting, he can't very well say "you're gonna love the next guy". So I wouldn't expect anything less until he's officially fired. He's also too arrogant to be real about the situation. He knows he's done.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n85129 said:
Does anyone expect the players to listen to this guy for the next two weeks? Foley is handling this about as bad as you can...
That's the point we're at. I can not see a way that Muschamp can regain the team's trust after being humiliated over and over. That would take leadership but he has exposed his own incompetence. I remember being 18-22 years old and know that's an insurmountable obstacle for muschamp.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if 78 has heard anything further. If nothing happens by noon we are stuck with him through the Georgia game it appears.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just expect WM to still be coaching for the ugay game. It will help keep the disappointment down when no announcement is made today.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
It appears he isnt getting canned today or before UGA. So dumb to wait. Its not like we have any chance to beat UGA, and we will have lost 2 weeks to put out feelers for a new coach and to re-assure the recruits. Just makes no sense since he is obviously a lame duck

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm;n85117 said:
The last two times JF got on a plane to find a coach he came back with Zook and Mushdawg. Maybe he should drive.

I'm fairly certain Foley didn't drive to Utah.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm holding a noon presser to announce I'm firing my source.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n85315]I'm holding a noon presser to announce I'm firing my source. [/QUOTE]

I'm tuning in!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n85315]I'm holding a noon presser to announce I'm firing my source. [/QUOTE]

Right in the middle of the season? I mean, what good would it do to fire him now?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n85179 said:
I'm fairly certain Foley didn't drive to Utah.

Foley flew to Utah over Thanksgiving. This is why people are retarded for saying you can't conduct a coaching search during the season. Foley did and hired the best coach he could have.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n85337 said:
Foley flew to Utah over Thanksgiving. This is why people are retarded for saying you can't conduct a coaching search during the season. Foley did and hired the best coach he could have.

I'm not certain they are saying that. The more immediate concern is who coaches the team for the remainder of the schedule. Fans naturally want a clean slate, and I wouldn't doubt the players would, too. It gives us the opportunity to evaluate the interim over an extended period and it makes our position crystal clear to the entire pool of available candidates.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well lizards this is like some old crime melodrama film where the prisoner is on Death Row in his cell awaiting execution but people are pulling strings behind the scene for some kind of pardon or stay of execution from the Governor.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
GatorPhD;n85689 said:
Not sure if this is MOM material... but I think some here may enjoy this...
https://gainesville.craigslist.org/edu/4723361836.html

Thanks. The copy:
Head Football Coach Desired (University Of Florida)

The Flagship university in the state of Florida is seeking a Qualified Candidate to develop and implement an exemplary football program while providing leadership on and off the field. This position should be available no later than Midnight Saturday, November 29th, but as soon as early morning Sunday, November 2nd.

QUALIFICATIONS:
- Because UF is a DESTINATION coaching job, applicants must have ALREADY had head coaching experience. This is not a stepping stone job that offers OJT or otherwise prepares you for another position in the NFL or another university down the road. If you are hired, you must be previously groomed to 1) Win consistently, 2) Stay for more than 4 seasons, and 3) have composure when roaming the sidelines. Composure includes but is not limited to 1) not screaming at players and referees regularly, 2) resisting facial expressions suggesting you are ready to commit violent acts on the sideline, 3) taking personal shots at other fan bases on live tv after barely winning a game you should have lost, and 4) not looking like a deer in the headlights when things go wrong... repeatedly, caused on the field by your own first-teamers.
- To understand, embrace and embody the winning traditions associated with the University Of Florida. This includes winning games against in-conference rivals as well as the women's college (aka the clown college) down the road. Winning every single solitary game is not required (Bear Bryant didn't even win them ALL), but you must post a winning record against your key foes throughout your tenure as Head Football Coach.
- Ability to win games against glorified high schools and junior colleges, aka cupcakes, especially when the contest is held on the university's own campus.
- To win football games in a manner that is not only acceptable on the scoreboard, but consistently impressive enough to fill a 90k-seat stadium on a regular basis. Must also re-establish The Swamp as a place feared by all opposing football programs.
- Knowledge of the university's alma mater. Will be required to attend EVERY SINGLE post-game tradition of singing the same on the field; ALL members of the football team must also be in attendance and able to recite the same, whether you win your contest or lose.
- If you are a defense-first coach, you must possess the skill-set to resist altering/changing or otherwise undermining/torpedoing the Offensive Coordinator's game plan and philosophy.
- Your offense must be able to score more points than the opposing team's defense. Your offense must be able to score more points than the opposing team's special teams as well.
- Post-game press conferences must include discussions that don't sound identical and contain the same excuses from one Saturday night to the next. Focus placed on ability to actually implement changes when on-field problems are identified in said conferences.
- Ability to start a quarterback that can identify the difference between Gators players and opposing players when throwing passes. Said quarterback must also never possess any form of lubricant on hands (butter, baby oil, etc) when holding a football during game conditions.
- Must not be a graduate of the University of Georgia.
- Must have clean bill of health and agree to all medical screenings, to include the ruling out of any potential chest pains and esophageal spasms.
- Must be able to control his wife, ensuring she doesn't open her mouth... ever. She's not on the payroll, you will be.
- Must not have the last name of Zook. We tried you out once. Didn't work out. Sorry.

If you happen to have the last name of Spurrier, you can skip the interview process this time. Seriously. We're sorry. The job is yours. Please come back.

Send all resumes to:
University of Florida
University Athletic Association
ATTN: Jeremy Foley, AD
PO Box 14485
Gainesville, FL 32604

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays