Hello....and a funny thing happened while buying a used car

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treebeard, you are definitely welcome to post more, especially if it makes fun of FSU. Nice avatar by the way.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great story Treebeard!

I wonder if that car was really for his MIL or if it was for a player or players family and he didn't want a Gator fan to recognize it.

Would anybody be surprised if the CrimiNoles were cheating?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Great story Treebeard!

I wonder if that car was really for his MIL or if it was for a player or players family and he didn't want a Gator fan to recognize it.

That sure went over my head. :nolerape:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Anyway, I finally have a reason to break down and post something. (And to avoid seeing "who's that guy?" for the upcoming birthday thread!)
You weren't getting a birthday thread until you posted this. Keep posting before I change my mind :grin:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good story Treebeard! Thanks for sharing. Did you graduate from the School of Forest Resources and Conservation at UF?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I would like to NOT have a birthday thread. At my age I try to ignore them. Thanks.
tumblr_nlxnc3LygN1qmsw6to1_400.gif

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Thanks for the responses. I'll to address some of the comments or questions. Eight years for first post, one day for the second!

Post more, Treebeard, even though we know it takes a longtime to say anything in Olde Entish.
I'll try to keep it under three days to say hello.
An Ent-tirely well Orc-estrated post, Tree.
Well thanks for finally going out on a limb, Tree. Welcome and post more for more
fun for you & us.
Thanks, I 'll try not to be a Thorin your side, and the Mordor merrier...
:rimshot:
Treebeard, you are definitely welcome to post more, especially if it makes fun of FSU. Nice avatar by the way.
Thanks - Avatar is a scan of a window sticker that was available 30+ years ago. Lots of others in a similar style for different majors. They were already old when I got this one - only a few were left at the Fla. Bookstore.
You weren't getting a birthday thread until you posted this. Keep posting before I change my mind :grin:
I will when I can. I can only read Gatorchatter during the day, work won't allow logon. Nights are usually too busy with family to post much, but once in awhile, if I have something that seems worth passing on.
Good story Treebeard! Thanks for sharing. Did you graduate from the School of Forest Resources and Conservation at UF?
Yes-sir - 1988

And yes I am a LOTR fan. Had a second grade teacher read The Hobbit to the class, and I was hooked. Finished the trilogy when I was in third grade.
Work in forestry now, I'm 6'5", have a beard, so the whole Treebeard thing fits pretty well.

Thanks again for the kind welcome. Carry on!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tree, you oughta dye that beard gray so it'd look like moss ? Thought you were a limberjack ?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great story Treebeard!

I kinda thought that's where he was going with this. I thought he was gonna tell me some 19 year old kid walked in the door and wanted to pay "cash" he got from a "distant uncle"

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the responses. I'll to address some of the comments or questions. Eight years for first post, one day for the second!
I'll try to keep it under three days to say hello.

:clap: Participate when you can - we could use some fresh perspectives around here!

Thanks, I 'll try not to be a Thorin your side, and the Mordor merrier...
:rimshot:

Har har. :dance:

I will when I can. I can only read Gatorchatter during the day, work won't allow logon. Nights are usually too busy with family to post much, but once in awhile, if I have something that seems worth passing on.
Don't you come in here with right priorities! (Good for you.)

Yes-sir - 1988

I'm curious who you work for and what you do. I studied at NZ Hall too, though I don't work in that field. Are you with a private company or public lands? ...forest management, procurement, consultant, etc? Inquiring minds and all.

And yes I am a LOTR fan. Had a second grade teacher read The Hobbit to the class, and I was hooked. Finished the trilogy when I was in third grade.
Work in forestry now, I'm 6'5", have a beard, so the whole Treebeard thing fits pretty well.

Thanks again for the kind welcome. Carry on!

I'm a fan too - though in my mind, the books are MUCH better and the movies got worse as they went. Ok. I'll leave you alone now.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
:clap:

I'm curious who you work for and what you do. I studied at NZ Hall too, though I don't work in that field. Are you with a private company or public lands? ...forest management, procurement, consultant, etc? Inquiring minds and all.

State of Florida. Primary job is to assist private forest landowners with forest management - at their request. Probably one of the few jobs out there where when I say "I am from the government, and I am here to help you." it is actually true!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So Tree, what are your thoughts on the current state of recruiting with our football team?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, so the assistant athletic director @ FSU can't afford to buy his mom a "new" car? They must pay their lawyers a lot more than I thought to keep their athletes out of jail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator