Help purchasing a good camera

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Not that anyone was losing sleep over my camera choice but I thought I would update how it all played out now that we are on Amazon's naughty list. Did you even know you could be put on double secret probation from Amazon? :dunno:

I ended up purchasing the Nikon Z5 w/ 24-50mm and a Tamron 70-300mm lens from Amazon because they had a free return policy. Since we were going to Alaska I thought I wanted to be able to get the 300mm shots from the ship. After playing around with it, I realized how heavy and impractical the camera and lens was for a tourist. Especially for $2000 worth of equipment. I boxed it all back up and returned it. It is great for a camera enthusiast but I don't want to lug around something that expensive and heavy.

I like Canon so I went back to a simple point and shoot USED Canon Powershot SX540 with a 50X zoom. It was only $250 on Amazon, tourist friendly (light weight) and very simple to use. I used my phone for the majority of photos within a reasonable distance and used the Canon for zoom shots. This was the perfect solution for me and I'm very pleased with the photos.

Amazon sent a stern letter saying they didn't like all my returns and they are watching me.
Do it again and I'll be :banned:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Actual photo of CD doing her next Amazon return...

iu

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.