'He's God disguised as Michael Jordan'

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Got to see him three times in person....

The first, the night the Gulf War broke out, an off game shooting for him and still dropped 29, the Tragic led going into the 4th quarter.....

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...498_1_helped-the-bulls-chicago-bulls-catledge

Then got to see both games 3 and 4 of this series in Charlotte, where he was dominant per usual. Those crowds back in the old Hive were awesome, the NBA was fun to watch then, now, not so much. What I remember too about those two games was during the big pregame intros for game 3, they introduced the Bulls, killed the lights, and the Hornet mascot Hugo came out with the cheerleaders to '2001', wearing a Ric Flair robe, of course the crowd loved it, thinking the Hornets were being introduced next, but no, a spotlight hits the floor in front of the Bulls bench and there stands Flair, goes into his traditional 2 minute **** talking speech, "you're in Charlotte, my town, not Chicago, etc. etc.". The roof blew off the place, and Rodman and MJ were dying.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I've never followed the NBA much--but I've always been a Gator fan.
Anyway, I remember once back in the early 90s--maybe 91 or 92--and I took notice of a game with the Chicago Bulls.
The Bulls were down in a game by about 40 or 50 points--at least that's what I remember.
The commentators were talking about Jordan and how the game was "out of reach." So I kept watching, because MJ was such a big name back then.
He played the court--passed the ball and played defense--and did his best to be a team player. But it just wasn't happening.
What followed was probably the most amazing performance that I've ever seen; he took the ball and drove it to the hoop--scored every time. He won the game single handedly. I've been a fan ever since.
Again, I don't know much about basketball, but I've never seen anything like that. Maybe Tim Tebow while at UF, but I'm probably a bit biased.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
25 years ago to the day -- against the poor Cavs again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The final three minutes of Game 6 against the Jazz, '98 Finals. Jordan is magnificent on both ends.

Isiah with a duh moment after the game-winning shot: "At the end of the game, you've gotta keep it out of his hands."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator