Hey! guess what?

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Every team that lost today wishes they were the Florida Gators!!!! Because we are winners. No it was not pretty but it's a hell of a lot better than losing. Is it not nice to say wow we should have lost that game. Instead of saying why can't we win these games?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Like McElwain said, it's good to know we can pull these types of games out. It was ugly but it makes no difference whether we would of won 70-0 or the way we did.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
After the last few years, I've learned to appreciate every win, because it's sure as sh*t better than losing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
actually it makes a huge difference, saying it doesnt is borderline insane. winning ugly against top 10 teams is one thing, winning ugly against directional schools is quite another. the amount of koolaid some of yall drink makes me fear for you if a cult leader ever showed up on your doorstep.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
man-buries-head-in-dry-earth.jpg

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
actually it makes a huge difference, saying it doesnt is borderline insane. winning ugly against top 10 teams is one thing, winning ugly against directional schools is quite another. the amount of koolaid some of yall drink makes me fear for you if a cult leader ever showed up on your doorstep.

Of course we like to see us play like juggernauts than the way we played today, but you can't deny the record is the same either way. Not like we were getting an extra W for winning by more points.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually the W or L today makes no difference for anything except style points for a possible playoff berth. So in that regard, even though we got the W, we are going to go down in the rankings. Not as much as if we had lost of course, but we went backward today for anything loftier than the SEC. Or perhaps those just happy with a W know that is already a pipe dream.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Play calling needs to get better. O line play needs to get better. QB play needs to get better.

All in the next 5 days.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Agree 100% and as Zambo pointed out, because of the way we won, we still lose.

Forget the playoffs, as GatorJ, "Play calling needs to get better. O line play needs to get better. QB play needs to get better. All in the next 5 days."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take it for sure. A bad win is better than a good loss. That's for UT fans. Just disappointed in the lack of improvement with TH/OL.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Actually the W or L today makes no difference for anything except style points for a possible playoff berth. So in that regard, even though we got the W, we are going to go down in the rankings. Not as much as if we had lost of course, but we went backward today for anything loftier than the SEC. Or perhaps those just happy with a W know that is already a pipe dream.

The only rankings that matter are the final rankings. If we somehow pull out wins against FSU and Alabama we make the playoffs; if not, we end up in a pretty good bowl game. Either way it will be a very successful season in what was expected to be a painful rebuilding year. Hopefully we continue to improve next year. Realistically I don't think we will be good enough to win a championship until 2017. That said, there are plenty of teams that win championships even though they should not be good enough. I'll take the wins and be patient until the Gators can field a team that has them favorites in every game they play.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Losing to directional schools is a Mustank thing. I'll take the 10 wins and be happy about it because I like the direction the program is going ;)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see him bring his Antagonize game. Constantly antagonizing the :nole: defense with quick passes to receivers before the defense has a chance to make a play.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
I can't get mad at Mac. Had Grier been playing I think we're smoking teams but the problem is that Treon just can't get the job done. When Mac gets either Grier or his own guy in there I see big wins.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't get mad at Mac. Had Grier been playing I think we're smoking teams but the problem is that Treon just can't get the job done. When Mac gets either Grier or his own guy in there I see big wins.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

After the SEC Championship game, I'd like to see him get Jacob Guy trained up to play the bowl game. He;ll have 3-4 weeks of practice to get ready.

Lets face it, unless we get a graduate transfer (which I think we will), Del Rio will start the year with Fillipe Franks as the backup.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we'd be smoking teams with Grier, but I think the offense would open up. Treon can't see and the lack of plays over the middle show that. Without the threat of throwing over the middle, the defense is able to scheme against the wideouts and collapse on the run. If average fans can see it, I'm sure FAU saw it. Treon is a problem, but so is the lack of depth at QB. If we had a decent backup at all, Mac could use Treon's legs more rather than fear that his only decent QB might get hurt. Mac and Nuss can't playcall scared against FSU or we lose.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This just in... UF is rebuilding in Year 1 with Coach Mac and the Gators are 10-1!

I think a year or two of recruiting solid players on offense will help. We need a Coach Mac guy at QB, although a 5* wouldn't hurt. Remember, Mac had the bamuh O rolling with a QB who wasn't serious NFL material, twice. Both played smart and found the open guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator