Hey! guess what?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Play calling needs to get better. O line play needs to get better. QB play needs to get better.

All in the next 5 days.

So,,,,,,,,,, we don't need a kicker?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
This just in... UF is rebuilding in Year 1 with Coach Mac and the Gators are 10-1!

I think a year or two of recruiting solid players on offense will help. We need a Coach Mac guy at QB, although a 5* wouldn't hurt. Remember, Mac had the bamuh O rolling with a QB who wasn't serious NFL material, twice. Both played smart and found the open guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New poster here but I'd like to point out that during his tenure at Bama Mac did have Ingram & Richardson running the ball at a heisman level which opened the field up for a guy named Julio Jones and they had Maze to go along with a very solid oline. Pretty sure that would help make any Qb seem pretty good. Oh and they had one of the best defenses during this time which helps as well.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think an OL and a QB is exactly what Mac needs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
New poster here but I'd like to point out that during his tenure at Bama Mac did have Ingram & Richardson running the ball at a heisman level which opened the field up for a guy named Julio Jones and they had Maze to go along with a very solid oline. Pretty sure that would help make any Qb seem pretty good. Oh and they had one of the best defenses during this time which helps as well.
Welcome aboard. Post often and bring all your friends.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome. Hope you stick around and post often. Don't let the crazies run you off. There's good peeps here too.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome aboard g-kev. Excellent 1st post, good fresh angle on this subject.
Got a 2nd like.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think an OL and a QB is exactly what Mac needs.
I laugh at this post because a every coach needs a good OL and Qb. To me the best coaches in the world can find ways to make thir offense work even when their teams have flaws. We've never seen Mac without a good team surrounding him. At Bama he had the best team in he country while he was there at CSU he had a very good Qb and a former 5* rb in a non power conference. Now we have seen what Doug has been able to do when he has no talent, he fell flat on his face at Michigan. Now I'm not saying either were bad hires but I think for now it's safe to say that neither are Guru's or our offense would find ways to put up more points than 9 against Vandy, 24 against a bad SC team and , 20 against an awful FAU team. Yes Treon is not a good Qb but why are they not trying to create a package that is built around him. Instead they are running an offense that is not suited for him. I personally would like to see some wildcat or read option I think he's better suited for that kind of offense. Plus it would completely throw fsu off If we ran that cause we haven't showed it all year

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
animal-house-o.gif

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not seeing much imagination and flexibility from our OC and HC.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I laugh at this post because a every coach needs a good OL and Qb....

Instead they are running an offense that is not suited for him. I personally would like to see some wildcat or read option I think he's better suited for that kind of offense. Plus it would completely throw fsu off If we ran that cause we haven't showed it all year

1) That was sarcasm. You'll see a lot of that around here.

2) I totally agree. I''m sure they have held Treon back from doing what he does best because they can't afford to lose him. Seriously... can you imagine if Treon had gotten hurt? We'd be starting a graduate transfer who has spent more time playing WR in college than QB. Our QB situation is ridiculously thin. However, at this point in the season, I say it's time to go balls out. You gotta let Treon be a real running threat. He is at his best when he is and I think our offense would improve immensely.

I just hope they don't hold Treon back against fsu because the SECCG is the following week. I hate to admit this, I really do, but I don't think we can beat bama. At least, it's not realistic. And if we lose to bama, as expected, everyone would say, 'well, hell, it's Mac's first year and they were severely outgunned but they still won the east'. Having said all that, I really do think we can beat fsu and a win against our instate rivals. Given that this is Mac's first year that would be HUGE for us and should strike fear in the semi's heart that their reign has come to an end and the balance of power is coming back to it's rightful place in Gator Nation.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
1) That was sarcasm. You'll see a lot of that around here.

2) I totally agree. I''m sure they have held Treon back from doing what he does best because they can't afford to lose him. Seriously... can you imagine if Treon had gotten hurt? We'd be starting a graduate transfer who has spent more time playing WR in college than QB. Our QB situation is ridiculously thin. However, at this point in the season, I say it's time to go balls out. You gotta let Treon be a real running threat. He is at his best when he is and I think our offense would improve immensely.

I just hope they don't hold Treon back against fsu because the SECCG is the following week. I hate to admit this, I really do, but I don't think we can beat bama. At least, it's not realistic. And if we lose to bama, as expected, everyone would say, 'well, hell, it's Mac's first year and they were severely outgunned but they still won the east'. Having said all that, I really do think we can beat fsu and a win against our instate rivals. Given that this is Mac's first year that would be HUGE for us and should strike fear in the semi's heart that their reign has come to an end and the balance of power is coming back to it's rightful place in Gator Nation.
Actually I was not being sarcastic at all, I think they have let Treon be Treon he's just not very good of a Qb. What he's best at is scrambling. I think him running the wildcat would give him more time in the pocket to try and see the field, throw in a few read option plays here and there and you catch FSU of guard. Treon is not smart enough nor tall enough to see the field. He is either checking down getting sacked cause he holds onto the ball to long or throwing deep against triple coverage.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
I agree with some of your post Gatorkev but I think the reason they haven't ran a different offense is because there is no one behind Treon if he gets hurt. I'd run more option now that it's the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I agree with some of your post Gatorkev but I think the reason they haven't ran a different offense is because there is no one behind Treon if he gets hurt. I'd run more option now that it's the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
I'm not suggesting we change our offense I'm saying they should create something to help Treon out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.