Houston Astros win World Series

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I felt like Aj pulled the plug on Mccullers a bit early. I know he didn't have his best stuff, but he was missing bats and had a big lead. Nitpicking here but it would have been nice to get him through the 3rd despite plunking four guys. Springer was really the obvious MVP here, and Morton who I never really thought much of was huge in this series. Both last night as well as in game four. This Houston team will only get better as long as they manage to keep Verlander. Roberts definitely could have managed his rotation better. Bringing in Kersh down 4 or 5 whatever it was made zero sense to me. He might as well have started him or Wood if he wanted to get a few innings out of each.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone remember JR Richards from the early 80's Astros team??? HUGE fan of him and the Ryan Express!!! My high school baseball team had Astros style uni's in purple and gold....HORRIBLE. Glad to see Houston win...anyone but the Dodgers! I live about a 15 minute walk from Wrigley..i can relate to Houston's excitement as we got to experience it last year. Chicago was absolutely ape **** last year...lots of fun!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone remember JR Richards from the early 80's Astros team??? HUGE fan of him and the Ryan Express!!! My high school baseball team had Astros style uni's in purple and gold....HORRIBLE. Glad to see Houston win...anyone but the Dodgers! I live about a 15 minute walk from Wrigley..i can relate to Houston's excitement as we got to experience it last year. Chicago was absolutely ape **** last year...lots of fun!

When JR Richard was trying to make his comeback from his stroke, his first stop was at the Daytona Beach Astros, single A club. The place was packed to see this fireballing legend, and he still had velocity but was wild. Surprisingly, he was upstaged by a very young lefty who had just been signed by the Vero Beach Dodgers. The kid was Fernando Valenzuela.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
22894324_1613156205410710_1124655558328282703_n.jpg

Cover from June 30, 2014

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I thought Dave Roberts over-managed a bit throughout the Series and didn't show much faith in his starting pitchers. The end result was a tired bullpen that didn't live up to its regular season dominance. I'm sure they didn't expect Jansen to struggle like he did. Kershaw really hurt them with his Game 5 struggle. That's no way to cement your legacy of greatness.

As a Giants fan I would say "Go....whoever is playing the Dodgers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.