How do you really feel about next year?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Littlel league doesn't count.
But, but, but.....he went to the Sun Belt and lit the world on fire after he got REAL coaching.

Everyone seems to forget these guys that play in these weak conferences and tear it up until they play a team with a decent defense.

Who was that qb at Hawaii several years back that had them undefeated or with one loss and they played UGA in the Sugar Bowl? He was tearing shyt up all over those weak defenses, then they played GA and got flat out curb stomped. Dude had like 150 yards and multiple turnovers in that game. Seems like he finished pretty high in the Heisman voting that year too.

Colt Brennan. He was a USCw transfer, too, if I remember correctly....so he had been on campus at a big boy school.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
But, but, but.....he went to the Sun Belt and lit the world on fire after he got REAL coaching.

Everyone seems to forget these guys that play in these weak conferences and tear it up until they play a team with a decent defense.

Who was that qb at Hawaii several years back that had them undefeated or with one loss and they played UGA in the Sugar Bowl? He was tearing shyt up all over those weak defenses, then they played GA and got flat out curb stomped. Dude had like 150 yards and multiple turnovers in that game. Seems like he finished pretty high in the Heisman voting that year too.

Colt Brennan. He was a USCw transfer, too, if I remember correctly....so he had been on campus at a big boy school.
Know what you mean. Think of Brett Farve every time I hear this line.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People don't seem to realize that even though Driskel was playing weaker defenses he was also playing with much less talent than what he had hear at UF... Throwing for 4000 yards in a season is a accomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So....in other words, u can't! Btw...Mac & Nuss both have a proven track records with QB's and 3 national titles (as oc's) combined. So if anything could of been done to make him successful it would have been. The offense was doing fine until he was inserted so if that doesn't explain what the problem was, nothing will!
I don't even count Mac's championships at Bama, those teams were so freaking loaded you and I could have won as OC. He then went to a mid major conference with a 5* rb and couldn't win the conference. Nuss has an even worse track record, 1st Saban basically ran him off after 1 season then last year his offense sucked at Michigan, whole staff was fired he was hired at UF and again his offense sucked. Shows me he can do anything with lesser talent.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Your posts make my head hurt.

They're like one long, continuous, run-on sentence....even though they're punctuated(kinda).

It's one thing to incessantly bytch, it's another to keep repeating the same thing every single time, just worded a little differently.
Its no different than everyone else's bitching that we had a 5'8 dope smoking Qb who sucked along with the oline. All I see is excuses and I don't see them getting fixed. All I see is excuses as to why he's not pulling better recruits.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its no different than everyone else's *****ing that we had a 5'8 dope smoking Qb who sucked along with the oline. All I see is excuses and I don't see them getting fixed. All I see is excuses as to why he's not pulling better recruits.
so really, who's your team? Noles, Dawgs, maybe the USF bulls?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its no different than everyone else's *****ing that we had a 5'8 dope smoking Qb who sucked along with the oline. All I see is excuses and I don't see them getting fixed. All I see is excuses as to why he's not pulling better recruits.
Guess we'll see come signing day......By the way everyone else's? Not sure how many other teams lost their starting QB to a failed DT and had to use a Freon. Not Mac's fault he was left a pile of dung in the QB situation. But now we have 4 QB's on campus not counting TH.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
]
Who's making excuses?

Wouldn't you wait until the 2016 season to "see them get fixed" before you make the proclamation that they're not getting fixed?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Guess we'll see come signing day......By the way everyone else's? Not sure how many other teams lost their starting QB to a failed DT and had to use a Freon. Not Mac's fault he was left a pile of dung in the QB situation. But now we have 4 QB's on campus not counting TH.
Umm, Baylor was down to their 4th string QB. And he was a wide receiver. Losing a starting QB happens a lot. Not just us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Umm, Baylor was down to their 4th string QB. And he was a wide receiver. Losing a starting QB happens a lot. Not just us.
Yes they were and it does. But not everyone's does as Kev referred to.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well to my recollection Briles has been at Baylor for quit some time and they had to lose 3 QB to get to a WR...Baylor didn't have that ****tard muschamp leaving them a pile of crap where you only had to lose 1 QB to get down to a WR/CB to play.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well to my recollection Briles has been at Baylor for quit some time and they had to lose 3 QB to get to a WR...Baylor didn't have that ****tard muschamp leaving them a pile of crap where you only had to lose 1 QB to get down to a WR/CB to play.
:exactly:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

TN-G8tr, agree that with 4 QBs to "coach-up" Mac will prove his QB-guru credentials. That's
the wiggle-room Mac needs to be bold, aggressive, and creative with. And it's only his 2nd season.
Our Gators are headed towards whole-teeming football. 2016's repertoire of 3-4 QBs should
allow more "inspired coaching" and more motivated players' play... all aboard the 2016 Mac-train !

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TN-G8tr, agree that with 4 QBs to "coach-up" Mac will prove his QB-guru credentials. That's
the wiggle-room Mac needs to be bold, aggressive, and creative with.
Rog, We had 6 QB's on the roster available to play last year and the "guru" was apparently only able to "coach up" 2.

I don't know how adding 4 more QB's is going to help. Seems he can only "whisper" to 2 at a time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So we are counting 3 walk-on practice arm guys as actual quarterback options and also including a guy who was ineligible for the year. So lets remove those 4 guys, because they aren't options. You have three quarterbacks left after Grier's departure, Harris (we know who he is), Grady (a guy who came to be a WR) and Guy (who has a noodle arm). People really need to pay attention to the context of the "6" quarterbacks on the roster. People are just looking for reasons to bitch at times.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
We will just have to wait and see if all these transfer players can do anything. I think Franks redshirts so it will be one of the other Qb's

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.