How does UF beat FSU?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
By scoring more points.....
Seriously how do we defend their offense. Can we play more nickel since we have a depleted LB corp.? Do we blitz more or try dropping 7 or 8 into coverage ? Do we do nothing but play straight up and hope they make mistakes ?
On offense should we pound the middle of the line(like we always do) or use outside runs mixed with some misdirection ? Can we throw deep on their talented DB's, or hope Treon can find some consistency throwing underneath ?
I'm asking because I really haven't watched most of their games this year because watching them just makes me sick... Tell me some of the things we will need to do to win this game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would not mind seeing us go all Mickey Andrews on them and beat the pizz out of them whistle be damned. It would be nice for Rapeis to be feeling this game at Christmas.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
be real physical, stop the run and of course accidently run into dumbo. i meant jimbo on the side line

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I wouldn't care if they hit him on his way to his car after the game but in reality the ACC refs will flag us for even looking at him in Tally. This we all know too well. Hell, even when we won in 2012 they tried everything they could to keep them in the game. Other than the swindle it was the worst officiated game I've ever seen.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think our biggest issue is covering O'Leary... our LBs don't have the speed to stay with him. I think other than that we can cause them problems if we can stop the run and control the ball. If we can keep their offense off the field and run the ball on them (like a lot of teams have done) that will be key. I hope Roper/Muchamp aren't afraid to let Harris throw it some either to open up that running game.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n116160 said:
By scoring more points.....
Seriously how do we defend their offense. Can we play more nickel since we have a depleted LB corp.? Do we blitz more or try dropping 7 or 8 into coverage ? Do we do nothing but play straight up and hope they make mistakes ?
On offense should we pound the middle of the line(like we always do) or use outside runs mixed with some misdirection ? Can we throw deep on their talented DB's, or hope Treon can find some consistency throwing underneath ?
I'm asking because I really haven't watched most of their games this year because watching them just makes me sick... Tell me some of the things we will need to do to win this game.

You stick to running, and short passes to dominate the clock. Your offensive line must consistently make openings for the running backs and quarterbacks especially on first down jaunts and making those short yardage third downs. The Gator Defense will have to find away to neutralize the key receivers on critical third and long plays.The Front Four need to lay some heavy hits on The Anus to make him look for blindside hits as he scans the field Just a small amount of fear will be enough to affect his accuracy and touch.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Alvin York;n116209 said:
You stick to running, and short passes to dominate the clock. Your offensive line must consistently make openings for the running backs and quarterbacks especially on first down jaunts and making those short yardage third downs. The Gator Defense will have to find away to neutralize the key receivers on critical third and long plays.The Front Four need to lay some heavy hits on The Anus to make him look for blindside hits as he scans the field Just a small amount of fear will be enough to affect his accuracy and touch.
I... I... I agree :fear:

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n116201 said:
I think our biggest issue is covering O'Leary... our LBs don't have the speed to stay with him. I think other than that we can cause them problems if we can stop the run and control the ball. If we can keep their offense off the field and run the ball on them (like a lot of teams have done) that will be key. I hope Roper/Muchamp aren't afraid to let Harris throw it some either to open up that running game.

If I see Morrison covering O'Leary at any point in the game: :suicide:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think that if we win this game it is by double digits and if we lose the game it is by single digits.
How do we do it (I hate to ever agree with Alivin and that is why I didn't quote him)? Is with the running game short passes and go deep to keep them honest. If we can shut down their running game and force the Rapist to do it with a passing game we have a chance. Let's face it this is the best Defense that F$PUE has faced all year. If the sUck and the other teams in the ACC play them close, we should be able to as well and have a diffrent result.....
OBTW food for thought. If we do win and win the bowl game that would pretty much make us a 9 win season (I know the first game was cancled but still), and isn't that we all thought we would be at this year? All I am trying to say is that a "9" win season and beating bUTtchug, UGaLY, and F$PUE in the same year is not a bad year in my book.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:smh: Hard to fathom anyone being satisfied with an 8 win season at UF.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n116258 said:
:smh: Hard to fathom anyone being satisfied with an 8 win season at UF.

Not saying that I am satisfied. I am saying beating UT, UGA, and FSU in the same season is a good season.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Winston has two consistent targets in the passing game, Rashad Greene and Nick O'Leary. He's got great chemistry with both of them and their play complements each other so it won't be easy to stop them both. If VHIII can bottle up Greene and we can find somebody who can cover O'Leary then we've got a chance to stop that offense. The rest of the receiving corps is young and inconsistent.

In the running game, the kid who scares me is Dalvin Cook. He's a home run hitter. Fisher likes bringing him in late in games after the defense is a bit worn out and a half step slower. That kid is a streak. You can't take a bad angle on him or you're toast.

On the other side of the field, FSU is going to sell out to stop the run, and they're going to key on the QB designed runs. Harris' accuracy throwing the ball has been pretty awful and we lack that big, consistent receiving target who will make the catch even if the ball isn't thrown perfectly (I heard a rumor that our TE's were being shipped to Africa to help in the fight against Ebola because it's been proven they can't catch anything).

FSU's defense will be all over DeMarcus Robinson. He's the only guy they will perceive as a threat in the passing game.

We have to find an alternate target for Harris that will help him get into a rhythm. Maybe it's Matt Jones or Brandon Powell out of the backfield. I don't mean catching it 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage either; I mean working the short middle of the field where TEs usually make their living. If Harris can hit a couple throwing it over the LBs, it will loosen up the defense and maybe let Jones and Taylor be more effective carrying the ball.

We need a few breaks too--blocked kick, big punt return, maybe a muff by one of their kick returners.

Alex.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
The week after the FSU--ND I heard one of the ESPN analysts (the guys who break down tape, not the talking hairdo's) explain how the Irish defense attacked FSU. He said they blitzed on more than half their snaps. And not just with 5 rushers. He said they sent 6 or 7 rushers on something like 37 of 60+ snaps in the game. I can't remember the exact numbers but his point was that they didn't just blitz a little bit....but they sold out with ridiculous pressure on multiple plays. That is how they tried to hide their coverage deficiencies. He said that's what allowed their defense, with less physical talent and speed, to stay in the game till the very end.

I haven't watched them play much but whenever you see big play highlights it appears that Winston has all day to stand in the pocket and find someone open. Like they say at all levels of football, any QB becomes less effective when he is worried about getting hit.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think any weapon will do. I am not picky, although I would like to use something that causes a lot of blood splatter.

Oh, I am sorry.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
NCOGator;n116251 said:
I think that if we win this game it is by double digits and if we lose the game it is by single digits.
How do we do it (I hate to ever agree with Alivin and that is why I didn't quote him)? Is with the running game short passes and go deep to keep them honest. If we can shut down their running game and force the Rapist to do it with a passing game we have a chance. Let's face it this is the best Defense that F$PUE has faced all year. If the sUck and the other teams in the ACC play them close, we should be able to as well and have a diffrent result.....
OBTW food for thought. If we do win and win the bowl game that would pretty much make us a 9 win season (I know the first game was cancled but still), and isn't that we all thought we would be at this year? All I am trying to say is that a "9" win season and beating bUTtchug, UGaLY, and F$PUE in the same year is not a bad year in my book.

We have got to contain #4 Dalvin Cook. He is their most dangerous running back.
O'Leary of course too.

I hope our big surprise is Adam Lane.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n116313 said:
I hope our big surprise is Adam Lane.

Crazier things have happened, but I'd be :shocked: if Lane even sees the field in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator