How does UF beat FSU?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Coach9;n116510 said:
Is Davis also out?

Yes...Did anyone notice if Rolin or McMillan got any reps last week ? I saw Anzalone quite a bit but don't remember seeing those guys.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n116183 said:
I would not mind seeing us go all Mickey Andrews on them and beat the pizz out of them whistle be damned. It would be nice for Rapeis to be feeling this game at Christmas.

Nothing dirty...we'll just play until we hear the "echo of the whistle..." A little payback for our boy Danny...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mickey Andrews says get your money's worth, boys.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First and foremost Knock the :kiffin: out of Rapeis.
Do what we do well, run the ball. FSUx terrible against the run.
Knock the :kiffin: out of Rapeis.
Play tough D as usual.
Did I mention knock the :kiffin: out of Rapeis.
Offensively play ahead of the chains, keep Winston off the field. Use some play action and use our QB's atheltic ability.
By God, knock the :kiffin: out of Rapeis......AGAIN!
Contain O'leary, Green, and the Run Game.
Hopefully by that point in the game we've knocked the :kiffin: out of Rapeis.

UF wins! :brad:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Calling for the upset!

https://cfn.scout.com/2/1485240.html

What’s Going To Happen: Here’s the difference. Florida State has been able to get away with playing poorly because, eventually, the talent comes through in the second half. Louisville, Boston College, and even Miami, to some extent, can’t quite match the skill of FSU, but the Canes were able to matchup with the speed and athleticism, and so were Clemson and Notre Dame – and that’s why games against the Irish, Tigers, and Hurricanes were so close in the final moments. Florida doesn’t have the passing game, but it has the defense and athleticism to not crumble in the second half.

Prediction: Florida 27 … Florida State 26

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Homer J;n116787 said:
Calling for the upset!

https://cfn.scout.com/2/1485240.html

What’s Going To Happen: Here’s the difference. Florida State has been able to get away with playing poorly because, eventually, the talent comes through in the second half. Louisville, Boston College, and even Miami, to some extent, can’t quite match the skill of FSU, but the Canes were able to matchup with the speed and athleticism, and so were Clemson and Notre Dame – and that’s why games against the Irish, Tigers, and Hurricanes were so close in the final moments. Florida doesn’t have the passing game, but it has the defense and athleticism to not crumble in the second half.

Prediction: Florida 27 … Florida State 26

Plus... We usually give up points in the first qtr and then the
defense tightens up. We match up well with them. I think we
have the defense to stop Dalvin Cook and pressure the guy
with the crabs. He isn't very accurate with defensive linemen
in his face.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n116811 said:
Plus... We usually give up points in the first qtr and then the
defense tightens up. We match up well with them. I think we
have the defense to stop Dalvin Cook and pressure the guy
with the crabs. He isn't very accurate with defensive linemen
in his face.

Are you trying to make your posts into poems?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n116352 said:
A good percentage of Winston's picks come when it and it's receivers are not on the same page.

I like how you referred to the "thing" as an "it". Well played.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Double team Greene and break Rapeis in half. As much as I hate the guy, he is the sole reason FSU isn't below .500.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Run the damn ball. FSU hasnt stopped anybody from running the ball yet. Mix in a few passes off of that and make it a grind for their defense. For defense we need to disguise our coverages and pressure. Jameis is smart on a football field. If you let him figure out what we are running he can beat it. I think we should either stick Hargreaves in man all game with Greene (which we heard isnt goin to happen), or stick Hargreaves on the second best wr and take him out of the game and double team Greene (kinda like what the Pats do with Revis). Our biggest problem is probably gonna be o'leary. Not sure we have anybody that can cover him consistently. I am forever the optimist as far as the Gators are concerned so I really think we have a chance. We just need to stay aggressive if we get them down. Everyone has had them beat at some point this year but no one went for the throat.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How does UF beat FSU? We play like Florida does, with that Swagger, confidence and motivation. We play to win, and don't let off the gas pedal. We play for pride and respect. Saturday, we go into Ron zook field and stomp a mudhole dry!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;116916 said:
How does UF beat FSU? We play like Florida does, with that Swagger, confidence and motivation. We play to win, and don't let off the gas pedal. We play for pride and respect. Saturday, we go into Ron zook field and stomp a mudhole dry!
I miss those days and would love nothing more than to leave this year knowing we have beaten UGA and FSU in the same year as bad as we were.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
CapitalGator02;n116854 said:
Double team Greene and break Rapeis in half. As much as I hate the guy, he is the sole reason FSU isn't below .500.

IMO you can't afford to double team Greene. He will win some against VH3 and VH3 will win some against him. We will need a good tackler to stay close to the LOS because they will probably throw screens to counter our pressure on Winston. Cook and co. can hit big plays on screens.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n116872 said:
Score more points than them and it's a lock.

That was in my OP....I know you know football so tell us what we should do to win the game. So far most people believe it or not are leaning towards playing "Muschamp ball". What do you think ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator