How for real is Georgia?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They are already light years ahead of us. Can they take out Bammer? Not yet, but it wouldn't shock me to see them at 12-0 in Atlanta, only The Barn has a legit shot to beat them.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
loving jawja in here............why am I not surprised.............sos frowning at the condo pool...........fck jawja and kirby and their fans most of all...........
Diddo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Five 5*s in 2 years will do that for your program. 30+ 4 stars in 2 years as well.

In comparison we have had one 5*. And about 10 less 4*s.

Last year's class was pretty solid – this year will be better. But we have a long way to go.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Yea everything Ive heard about them is about their defense which is legit imo. They have some really really good and experienced runningbacks.

If they start running the ball against us we might want to consider some defensive adjustments/alignments to a jumbo package where we slide Bryan out to SDE, put clark/Campbell at DT and Slaton/Conliffe at Nt (effecitively giving us 3 dt on the line at any one time) and keep Polite at WDE. That way we can move Cece to a buck (olb/de hybrid) position which i think Muschamp used for fowler where he can kind of move all over the field.

Almost treat it like a bama type game if they are playing power running football. Of course, playing it in Jax is to our advantage imo. I view Jax as a gator town.

Last edited:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It's recruiting. He's done well we haven't. Any of his top three linebackers would be our best.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If they start running the ball against us we might want to consider some defensive adjustments/alignments to a jumbo package where we slide Bryan out to SDE, put clark/Campbell at DT and Slaton/Conliffe at Nt (effecitively giving us 3 dt on the line at any one time) and keep Polite.
that's not really a jumbo package that's a normal SEC defensive line...and what I think we should be playing every game. we shouldn't be undersized at three of the four DL positions, especially with weak inside linebackers too.

Bryan really isnt a DT. He is an SDE forced inside by poor roster management.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes they are real, but these teams are not very good. We will need a lot of improvement and luck to not be embarrassed. I would trade coaches any time.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Georgia plays with great energy, has athletes at every position on defense and excellent depth. At present, they'd be a double digit favorite over Gators...but they don't play today. A lot can happen b4 October 28 rolls around. IMO, Fromm will get pressured by the Gators defensive line and the game will be closer than most pundits believe now. Who wins is not a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
A lot can happen before then, but right now it looks like Georgia and Alabama in the championship game.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Georgia plays with great energy, has athletes at every position on defense and excellent depth. At present, they'd be a double digit favorite over Gators...but they don't play today. A lot can happen b4 October 28 rolls around. IMO, Frohm will get pressured by the Gators defensive line and the game will be closer than most pundits believe now. Who wins is not a foregone conclusion.

Nah, double digits is too high. My guess is they'd be something like a 5-6 point favorite.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Georgia plays with great energy, has athletes at every position on defense and excellent depth. At present, they'd be a double digit favorite over Gators...but they don't play today. A lot can happen b4 October 28 rolls around. IMO, Frohm will get pressured by the Gators defensive line and the game will be closer than most pundits believe now. Who wins is not a foregone conclusion.
Sorry but I didn't see our line get much pressure against vandy but there's always hope.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm not sure that they're that good on offense. If we stop the run the onus would be on true freshman Frohm to beat us and I like our chances with that matchup. Obviously the game isn't for another month but as of today I like our chances to win the game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm not sure that they're that good on offense. If we stop the run the onus would be on true freshman Frohm to beat us and I like our chances with that matchup. Obviously the game isn't for another month but as of today I like our chances to win the game.

Normally this is sound football theory, but after the first offensive series by Vandy yesterday, they realized quite easily that our up the middle pass defense was more than just a sieve, it was a completely bottomless boat. It did not matter which 2 crummy LB's were out there paired with our "vaunted" pass defending safetys Washington and Gardner, I am sure that UGA will have no problem finding a pass catcher to make that group look as bad as they did against Vandy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:eek3::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

BLG nailed it............it seems whoever's cookie looks the best each month is the one we "need"

What are you talking about? There wasn't a bigger chump defender on the board than you. You stuck with him until the bitter end. No matter how much he was running OUR program into the ground. And you attacked every single poster who voiced otherwise.

The only one who was in the same ballpark as you was Coach9.

I don't want any dwags coaching my team. Including chump and Kirby. But that doesn't take away from the fact that we have absolutely gotten our asses handed to us in the last three years on the trail. And that's the reason why we are seeing a quicker turnaround by them than us.

It's ****ing nauseating.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The barely beat a crap ND team that had 4 wins last year. They beat a pretender MSU team. Tenn stinks now since we beat them. They still have to play us, @Auburn, and @GT and probably Bama so lets not crown them NC just yet...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Normally this is sound football theory, but after the first offensive series by Vandy yesterday, they realized quite easily that our up the middle pass defense was more than just a sieve, it was a completely bottomless boat. It did not matter which 2 crummy LB's were out there paired with our "vaunted" pass defending safetys Washington and Gardner, I am sure that UGA will have no problem finding a pass catcher to make that group look as bad as they did against Vandy.

We'll need to play well, no doubt, and while I've never thought much of Randy Shannon I think we should be able to correct the pass coverage issues. Also, don't forget that Vandy QB Shurmur has a lot of experience. He's a true junior who's been starting since the latter half of his freshman season. I'm not sure true frosh Frohm will fare as well due to lack of experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator