How long til he is broke? Percy Harvin is retiring

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think how great if he had acclimated to the hero role ? We'd have highlight-fun after every Sunday game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Always loved watching him and Mick calling him Mercy Percy! Some fun times. Hopefully he'll keep it all together and have a good retirement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Percy was one of the greatest to play for the Gators. I know he may not have been the best of guys off the field, but he was amazing on it and helped us to two national championships.

I don't know how he treated his GF, but if a guy is treating you like crap... you can get out of that situation. Hopefully she is doing great now.

Wish him the best.
He battered his position coach (who left), attakced other players on the team multiple times, and lead a revolt against Meyer when the team refused to do gassers and stairs. He was always on the injured list, never felt like playing vs weak opponents, and was on dope suspension away from being permanently gone.

His NFL "career" was similar, more time on the injury list than on the field and an absolute poison in the locker room such that you could waive him and not find anyone interested.

Just as much if a POS in his personal life. What Ive heard agrees with what others here have said.

All you guys who want to blame Creyer's fake heart attacks on a player, this is your guy.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He battered his position coach (who left), attakced other players on the team multiple times, and lead a revolt against Meyer when the team refused to do gassers and stairs. He was always on the injured list, never felt like playing vs weak opponents, and was on dope suspension away from being permanently gone.

His NFL "career" was similar, more time on the injury list than on the field and an absolute poison in the locker room such that you could waive him and not find anyone interested.

Just as much if a POS in his personal life. What Ive heard agrees with what others here have said.

All you guys who want to blame Creyer's fake heart attacks on a player, this is your guy.
Same guy who tried to turn a locker room against Russell Wilson, because he was too white.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All you guys who want to blame Creyer's fake heart attacks on a player
Percy had been gone for a year when the "esophageal spasms" started.

Of course if Percy had stayed for his senior year we would have won another title and that might have pushed the spasms off for a year...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember a story from when he was a true freshman... He was injured and was told to sit out practice. So he puts on someone else's jersey and sneaks onto the field.

At the time I was thinking, "wow, this guy is committed." In hindsight I guess I should have thought "this guy doesn't follow directions."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When boredom and bad habits cross paths it's not usually long before something gives.......either finances or freedom.
He was an electric player when on the field and I'm still not sure I've ever seen someone be able to move horizontal while not losing vertical speed the way he could, if that makes sense.
I walked past him once in person and he had the look of a human pitbull. I can only gather this was from HGH or roids or both. Mix the brain rot of that with substance abuse-weed- and an ego and you've got quite a volatile mix......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Percy was one of the greatest to play for the Gators. I kno.
Percy had been gone for a year when the "esophageal spasms" started.
But the damage was done. The team didn't listen to the coaches. The primadonnas could do whatever they wanted, and everyone on the team knew it. Even the coaches knew if it came down to a five star or an assistant coach, the five star wins.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But the damage was done. The team didn't listen to the coaches. The primadonnas could do whatever they wanted, and everyone on the team knew it. Even the coaches knew if it came down to a five star or an assistant coach, the five star wins.
And that's the shame of it right there.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
So it was a coaching problem....got it

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
He's broke in 3 years. He's arrested for possession in 6 months unless he finds a mountain getaway where no one cares.
I hope not. Not a bad guy at all. Maybe he caught the Rex Ryan jinx where Ryan ruined another Gator great. ;) I still can't believe Percy screwed up that situation in Seattle. All he had to do was do okay in the regular season then excel in the big postseason games which he had a history of doing. Good luck Percy. Done at 27. Dang.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's not like he killed anybody.
Poercy was a legitimate 10 star recruit and player. However, he was always an angry young man according to those in the know. Whether he was smart about his money, does anybody really know. Most of these guys waste it on bling, real-estate and dope.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

And worth every bit of it. He was that good.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Poercy was a legitimate 10 star recruit and player. However, he was always an angry young man according to those in the know. Whether he was smart about his money, does anybody really know. Most of these guys waste it on bling, real-estate and dope.
Lol, you put real estate on par with bling and dope?

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Well best of luck to you Percy "Harvins" (my nod to Nat Moore. 3 years and Nat never got it right). Anyway whatever the circumstances and whatever off field problems he had, Percy is/was/ always will be the most explosive offensive player with the ball in his hands to ever wear the O@B.

Nat did the same with Chris LeakS... Nat, one of my all time Gator faves.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, you put real estate on par with bling and dope?
You got me there :-). What they usually do is buy a house they can't afford to keep up and drain their cash in the process.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And worth every bit of it. He was that good.

I personally think he was the most talented player on those National Championship teams. We don't beat OU without him and those two really long runs. I am still shocked we beat Bama without him in the SEC Championship game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.