How long til he is broke? Percy Harvin is retiring

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Poercy was a legitimate 10 star recruit and player. However, he was always an angry young man according to those in the know. Whether he was smart about his money, does anybody really know. Most of these guys waste it on bling, real-estate and dope.
How expensive can dope be in 2016? I hope no more football or head on head contact will help him relax off the field. I would think the violence of football since he was a kid has played a role in his anger. Yes he had some bad moments. But Harvin was key to 2 Gator football SEC and National title teams during the glory days of 7 to 10 years ago. And he was also good in big games in the NFL. I know he was a pain but I'm pretty sure old Petey Boy and the Seahawks could have used Percy against the Pats in the Super Bowl in their back to back attempt. Harvin was not a numbers guy but he could make a couple huge difference making plays in big games. He was special even though he was a problem child at times.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How expensive can dope be in 2016? I hope no more football or head on head contact will help him relax off the field. I would think the violence of football since he was a kid has played a role in his anger. Yes he had some bad moments. But Harvin was key to 2 Gator football SEC and National title teams during the glory days of 7 to 10 years ago. And he was also good in big games in the NFL. I know he was a pain but I'm pretty sure old Petey Boy and the Seahawks could have used Percy against the Pats in the Super Bowl in their back to back attempt. Harvin was not a numbers guy but he could make a couple huge difference making plays in big games. He was special even though he was a problem child at times.

Someone mentioned 'locker room cancer' - Harvin allegedly had locker room altercations with teammates during his tenure with Seattle; also reported was that there were games where he sat himself down, refusing to go back on the field.

Percy hardly played in 2013 due to injury (though he did help Seattle win the super bowl), then was traded on 10/17/14 with Seattle having a record of 3-2, they lost 2 days later to get to 3-3. The 3 losses were to the Rams, Boys and Chargers (hardly top teams at that time). Seattle only lost one more game (vs my Chiefs) until the super bowl where they lost on an arguably suspect play call countered with a great defensive play (Butler). I'd say Percy's attitude was an issue in the clubhouse and getting rid of him helped Seattle focus on what mattered the rest of the year to get to the super bowl.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Percy hardly played in 2013 due to injury (though he did help Seattle win the super bowl), then was traded on 10/17/14 with Seattle having a record of 3-2, they lost 2 days later to get to 3-3. The 3 losses were to the Rams, Boys and Chargers (hardly top teams at that time).

Ram (6-10), Cowboys (12-4),and Chargers (9-7).... Not exactly the worse teams either. The teams with the best records they faced until the playoffs both were played in Harvin in the line up Packers (12-4), Cowboys (12-4) and Broncos (12-4). They were 2-1 in those games.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ram (6-10), Cowboys (12-4),and Chargers (9-7).... Not exactly the worse teams either. The teams with the best records they faced until the playoffs both were played in Harvin in the line up Packers (12-4), Cowboys (12-4) and Broncos (12-4). They were 2-1 in those games.
Touche'!
Percy played well vs. the Packers and Broncos, though in the Boys game he had 3 catches for 0 yards and 3 rushes for -1 yards. He did average 28 yards per KO return on 5 attempts in the Boys game (that's not bad). He was traded after playing the Boys.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Touche'!
Percy played well vs. the Packers and Broncos, though in the Boys game he had 3 catches for 0 yards and 3 rushes for -1 yards. He did average 28 yards per KO return on 5 attempts in the Boys game (that's not bad). He was traded after playing the Boys.

The Cowboys game he sat out the second half, which is what some are saying was the final straw. He did have three rushes for -1 yard, but one rush was dynamic (was called back due to a back side of the play hold) and then the defense followed him around the field when he was on the rest of the game (half).

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Cowboys game he sat out the second half, which is what some are saying was the final straw. He did have three rushes for -1 yard, but one rush was dynamic (was called back due to a back side of the play hold) and then the defense followed him around the field when he was on the rest of the game (half).
Any idea what he had for his post-game dinner? :stickpoke:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
A headache? No doubt. But that's half the NFL.
Someone mentioned 'locker room cancer' - Harvin allegedly had locker room altercations with teammates during his tenure with Seattle; also reported was that there were games where he sat himself down, refusing to go back on the field.

Percy hardly played in 2013 due to injury (though he did help Seattle win the super bowl), then was traded on 10/17/14 with Seattle having a record of 3-2, they lost 2 days later to get to 3-3. The 3 losses were to the Rams, Boys and Chargers (hardly top teams at that time). Seattle only lost one more game (vs my Chiefs) until the super bowl where they lost on an arguably suspect play call countered with a great defensive play (Butler). I'd say Percy's attitude was an issue in the clubhouse and getting rid of him helped Seattle focus on what mattered the rest of the year to get to the super bowl.
A headache? Yes. But so is about half the NFL. Would Seattle have made it back to the super bowl with Percy? It's debatable. By the way they just brought a former headache back in Brandon Browner. As for Percy good luck I hope he saved his money he made many millions.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

A headache? Yes. But so is about half the NFL. Would Seattle have made it back to the super bowl with Percy? It's debatable. By the way they just brought a former headache back in Brandon Browner. As for Percy good luck I hope he saved his money he made many millions.
Browner and Clemons coming back? Well, that's just gettin' the old band back together.
63912721.jpg

Seriously though, you make good points.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

… so Marshawn Lynch was a migraine.? … I know, he was a workhorse, with a glue factory mouth.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.