How Mac compares to former coaches at UF in 1st 2 years

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
There is no such thing as a division championship. You are the east or west "representative" in the championship game. You don't see the SEC passing out a participation trophy for that game.

It's the sort of thing USC or Mizzu count. Clown Town would count it, no doubt. Even Bammer doesn't count that.
I think it's terrible that they suddenly put up in the swamp the years we made it to the sec championship and lost and even more terrible that they put up 2012 when we didn't even go to Atlanta... what are we celebrating? being the first best loser?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, he's only one game off from Spurrier in his first two years, and that one game was a win vs a loss against FSU.
Fascinating
:snicker:

Yep Mac has won the East twice, beat Georgia twice, has the 2nd best record in the SEC this season to Bama, beat LSU on the road and he has also officially taken back the Swamp this year. I guess we are spoiled.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep Mac has won the East twice, beat Georgia twice, has the 2nd best record in the SEC this season and he has also officially taken back the Swamp this year. I guess we are spoiled.
:lol2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There is no such thing as a division championship. You are the east or west "representative" in the championship game. You don't see the SEC passing out a participation trophy for that game.

It's the sort of thing USC or Mizzu count. Clown Town would count it, no doubt. Even Bammer doesn't count that.
Completely agree, but they're up there regardless.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How can you ever to hope to win anything meaningful with a 25% win percentage against ranked teams.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
:lol:

I'll just go ahead and ignore the fact that Spurrier pretty much built UF into a championship caliber school from a program that was mired in mediocrity since inception.

Solid point, however how many coaches in the history of NCAAF have done this? I think SOS is the exception, not a standard we should expect from all coaches.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Soon to be 2-7 then probably 2-8 vs ranked teams.

I know, he was left with a mess and needs at least 5 years to get "his" kids in here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How can you ever to hope to win anything meaningful with a 25% win percentage against ranked teams.

Have some of the wins in the SECCG and stay in a struggling Eastern division. :lol2:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well since 3 of our last 4 coaches have pretty much sucked balls we have a lot of experience seeing the bad ones for what they are faster than most.....So can we all agree to just get rid of this guy now?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:mac:

He thinks he is doing a fine job. Some think that is "overachieving".

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Not really sure its "fair" to put Spurrier's first recruiting class against the others guys, we were on NCAA probation after all and Florida had never won anything before he got here. Nevertheless, we finished with the best record in the SEC his first year, and did win it the next year after we were out from under probation. You guys can have your moral victories with Hee Haw being East "Champion," which is about as significant as "winning" a math contest against special ed students, I'll stick with the guy who actually won something of significance, often, and changed the culture around here from being perennial losers to winners.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll stick with the guy who actually won something of significance, often, and changed the culture around here from being perennial losers to winners.

Except he's retired, so he's no longer an option unless he agrees to some interim type thing, but good luck with that...

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Except he's retired, so he's no longer an option unless he agrees to some interim type thing, but good luck with that...
We're talking about who did what in their first two years. That Spurrier is even being compared to Bucktooth is insulting.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
If mac was even remotely a professional he would be in Spurr's ear or office asking about a million questions on the state of our current lackadaisical offense. I mean your telling me that if Bear Bryant was still alive and involved at Bama that Saban wouldn't be asking him every question about football he could think of????

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If mac was even remotely a professional he would be in Spurr's ear or office asking about a million questions on the state of our current lackadaisical offense. I mean your telling me that if Bear Bryant was still alive and involved at Bama that Saban wouldn't be asking him every question about football he could think of????

Saban doesnt need Bear....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator