magic eightball GIF by jjjjjohn

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Despite, I’d really like to know what the numbers are telling Billy, or at least his extrapolation. And not just offensively. Time was, position coaches graded each snap for members of their position group (e.g. + or -) and assigned a grade which became the basis for practice reps/reinforcement or a repositioning of the depth chart, new starters, reduced or increased snaps, etc. Just going on eyeballs, it looks like we make a ton of mistakes (position, technique, and effort), but some of the primary offenders keep getting the snaps and repeat the problems. With game 9 upcoming, it just seems like it is past time to have made corrections, coached up other players on the depth chart, with more efficient play and outcomes being the goal, but so far it’s same same. :dunno:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Despite, I’d really like to know what the numbers are telling Billy, or at least his extrapolation. And not just offensively. Time was, position coaches graded each snap for members of their position group (e.g. + or -) and assigned a grade which became the basis for practice reps/reinforcement or a repositioning of the depth chart, new starters, reduced or increased snaps, etc. Just going on eyeballs, it looks like we make a ton of mistakes (position, technique, and effort), but some of the primary offenders keep getting the snaps and repeat the problems. With game 9 upcoming, it just seems like it is past time to have made corrections, coached up other players on the depth chart, with more efficient play and outcomes being the goal, but so far it’s same same. :dunno:
I think the problem is that we just still don’t have talented depth who can actually replace those that keep making the same mistakes.

I think we’re close. But probably still a year away.

I think I read somewhere that it took Kirby six years until he beat Bama. And that’s with solid recruiting classes already established under Richt.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's baffling.

I've never seen as many variable inconsistencies across almost all units within the team.

Not at this point in the season.

I'm a process guy ... operations, engineering, quality, strat planning, facilities etc.

Just what I see on gameday, It doesn't look like there's any process controls in place.

Looking forward to seeing changes in the off season.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the problem is that we just still don’t have talented depth who can actually replace those that keep making the same mistakes.

I think we’re close. But probably still a year away.

I think I read somewhere that it took Kirby six years until he beat Bama. And that’s with solid recruiting classes already established under Richt.
I don’t doubt that depth is a factor given what went on in terms of ongoing roster development with the previous staff and agree that it takes time, but if I just limit my criticism to #’s 3, 8, and 10 defensively and #76 offensively, given the inordinate number of negative plays/loafs that are put forth and them not showing any appreciable improvement through 8 games, it just seems a coach would say that it’s time to give some others a chance in the games as the outcome’s likely not going to be any worse. I do know that if you continue to reward poor effort, there’s not going to be any positive change. Why should there be?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's baffling.

I've never seen as many variable inconsistencies across almost all units withing the team.

Not at this point in the season.

I'm a process guy ... operations, engineering, quality, strat planning, facilities etc.

Just what I see on gameday, It doesn't look like there's any process controls in place.

Looking forward to seeing changes in the off season.
I think the majority of it is youth. Though I think a new system is the reason for defense. It’s not completely new. But it has a lot of different schemes than last year. And the defense is probably the youngest D in the country.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see the analytics which show that the proper thing to do on 4th and a foot on the first play of the 2nd quarter on your own 30 yard line is to snap the ball between the quarterback's legs to a RB who then attempts to throw the ball while nobody blocks anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.