Hurricane Idalia

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah I have a whole house generator and several gallons of gas for it. I have a brick house with a metal roof which I know doesnt make it safe but I am also a refuge for other family members that live in mobile homes. I also have 5 dogs. One is a 170 pound great perinse and a 90 pound lab. Nowhere to go with all. I live in the country and 90% of my neighbors are staying as well. Could very well be a bad decision.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I have a whole house generator and several gallons of gas for it. I have a brick house with a metal roof which I know doesnt make it safe but I am also a refuge for other family members that live in mobile homes. I also have 5 dogs. One is a 170 pound great perinse and a 90 pound lab. Nowhere to go with all. I live in the country and 90% of my neighbors are staying as well. Could very well be a bad decision.
Having the full house generator makes it a much easier decision. It's not like you have to worry about the wind speeds blowing your house away. I'm assuming aren't close enough to any coast to have to worry about flooding.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Does Asbury ring a bell?
Thinking Black creek.
I used to live on Black creek.

I'm on the other side of the river; but do know where you're talking about--great area. Whitey's Fish Camp is always a fun spot to take the boat and Mercury Moon is another great hole in the wall--though Southern Social is the spot for all the "in" crowd these days. :lol2:

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
From someone who took Cat4 Ida on the chin, direct hit and only 60 miles inland, my family is praying for each of you in this storms path. I wish you all the best and hope you can stay safe. I’ll be thinking of you Gators, please take care of your families first, property and replaceable’s last. God bless

Go Gators

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I pronounce it like Vidalia without the V.

Sounds like a cute old meemaw who makes really good biscuits and says “bless yore heart”

Alex.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
On a serious note, I spent a lot of time in the impact zone of Hurricane Michael. There was notably less structural damage to homes with metal roofs, but there weren't that many of them. Other than those directly impacted by trees, they seemed to fair much better than traditional roofing. This is however in no way an accurate survey or endorsement, just a something that caught my attention.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Still going straight north.....almost parallel with Orlando now....if we don't get anything in the next hour we just aren't going to get it at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator