Hurricane Idalia

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sounds similar to Hurricane Michael hitting Mexico Beach from an insurance standpoint. The destruction is really bad but (better for insurance companies) than it hitting a dense population of expensive condos and houses. Sad for the generations of families in that area but they will eventually rebuild into something better (hopefully). Definitely a storm that will change the identity of the area in the future.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
My south gate is smashed with a tree laying across. The tree that hit the house was holding up a large treehouse I built for the grandkids. Its history.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My south gate is smashed with a tree laying across. The tree that hit the house was holding up a large treehouse I built for the grandkids. Its history.
Yikes. Keep us posted.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm sorry. Glad you have daylight hours to access the damage and can hopefully get the roof covered before dark.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Hopefully not too much damage to your house structure and that you have a tractor, chainsaws and youngsters to run them.
only had one tree down so far, but luckily, I spent two weeks recently dropping suspect trees.

on the levity front

IMG_1166.jpeg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Everyone stay safe and hunkered down. When Ivan came through it took down two old oaks in my folks yard and one hit the roof. Dad had all, and I mean all, the trees removed after that.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It has somehow gone further north towards Valdosta. It was headed directly for us prior to the push north. I need all the help I can get. I have a huge mess to clean up as it is right now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It has somehow gone further north towards Valdosta. It was headed directly for us prior to the push north. I need all the help I can get. I have a huge mess to clean up as it is right now.

Sorry to hear Dan. Especially the treehouse. Hope you get a ton of help to get things back to “normal”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator