I’m curious about UCF.......

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We watch UCF because 2 of our sons and their wives are graduates. It’s a dynamic and rapidly improving university.

Football-wise, @Alex is right. They have a dynamic offense, good enough and opportunistic defense for their league, and I’ll add solid special teams to excel at their level and win one-offs against even major programs. They develop some excellent players, but the percentages of 3-star success prevent real depth. Still, had Milton McKenzie not gotten hurt, they might have beaten LSU and been 24-0 over 2 years.

But it’s the grind. They don’t have the horses or the depth, and the SEC would stymie their schemes. I think they could compete well as a mid-level ACC or Big 12 team, and that would eventually build depth in their program on and off the field. They draw 45k, which is ok for the ACC.

And my kids don’t buy their NC claim.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
BYU is not a power 5 team.. .They are so much drama with their non conference thing which is crazy considering they should of never left their conference... They kept thinking they were better than their conference. Now they sit alone waiting and waiting like some Power 5 is finally going to add them... Nope they need to go to beg their way back to the Mountain west or whatever they were in....

BYU might not be but at least they have a history to claim they could be. UCF does not which is why the Big 12 made a smart decision not to add them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Duke and Vandy are P5 teams, then everyone is.

The goal should be to get rid of more fake power five teams not add more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.