I am officially done!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
For the people disagreeing or talking **** to the OP...This is a message board with passionate fans. He's right to be pissed and not attend games. If you're supporting this with your dollars, you're telling Stricklin hrs doing a good job. Stricklin ****ed up. There's no way around it. The same posters are always going to incorrectly back the Athletic Dept. or HC and tell everyone that has it actually figured out that they're wrong. It's just wrong to tell a fellow gator fan to F off.
Unless its about gay looking lizard uniforms, amiright?

Murph265

May 30, 2017
So I was having a nice, quiet long drive back today from visiting my family for the holiday when my phone rings. Well as luck would have it when I was given the news, I immediately pulled off the road and vomited. After I asked if this was a joke phone call, he assured me it was the truth, so I vomited again and again............ and told him that the place will be half empty next year and I am sure that the ticket cancellations are rolling in. So after I fire off my email tonite to the "PUPPET", commending him on what a fast learner he has become at the hand of the "PUPPETEER", meaning that when it comes to making a sound, major decision regarding our football program that the only quality to possess is PANIC and that you have exhibited that in a masterful way. So I may poke around here every now and then for some other sports, but I will be true to myself. I will never attend a UF football game in person as long as Cousin Eddie is the coach. And that will be the gist of my email to the PUPPET!!!!!!!!
Won't miss you! Is Vince Lombardi coming back from the dead good enough for you?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just stop it. You are creating something out of nothing just so you can act high and mighty. Saying I'm done simply means someone is done spending time and money watching and going to the games or giving money to the school. It might even mean they dont wear a gator shirt anymore. But none of it means they are gonna go root for another team. Just stop.

I'm creating something out of nothing...?

I'm literally reading posts about people saying they are going to take their ball and go home because they don't like the coach that was hired. This is before the guy even has his first press conference!!! Mullen hasn't even had a chance to say a word and these people are acting like petulant children that didn't get their way...

They don't like who SS hired so they aren't going to go to games or buy Gator gear...

In my opinion you are either a fan or you aren't. You support the team and the coach. If the coach had dome something morally wrong then I get it, but you just don't agree with the hire? I don't love the hire, but I'll support the team and hope they win... I'll at least give the guy a chance to prove me wrong.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
All of you guys who are "done" should get a ban until you BEG Ox to come back.

It's okay. I'm banning myself.

I'm in 100% agreement with the OP. Of all the potential coaches we could have gotten, Dan Mullen was by far my absolute least choice. I had a glimmer of hope when McElwain was fired. But this was the final straw for me. I just can't do it anymore.

No, I will not be rooting for another team. I'll always be a Gator. But I can no longer watch or even care after this, which is why I won't be on this board much anymore. Nothing to talk about. It's all gone to crap and (just like my life) I am not sure it's ever going to change. I'm a broken man who's been following a broken program. No more. I'll just try to fix me.

Go ahead and villify me all you want.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I'm creating something out of nothing...?
In my opinion you are either a fan or you aren't. You support the team and the coach. If the coach had dome something morally wrong then I get it, but you just don't agree with the hire? I don't love the hire, but I'll support the team and hope they win... I'll at least give the guy a chance to prove me wrong.

You have a right to your opinion. Not everybody is thrilled about this hire but we are stuck with Mullen for years to come. There are no rules determining who is a Gator and who is not; nearly all here are true Gators whether you like what they have to say or not. You don't make the rules for them, only yourself. I agree with your last statement cause I'm in the same boat. Whatever Mullen will be for us, he will be an improvement over Mac the imposter and his joke of a staff. Mullen is a tough, hard-nosed football coach who may give us a winner. Time will tell, until then we have improved now that these turds are leaving town.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My .02 on the pile of pennies...

First, I want Mullen to succeed and I would like Mullen to change his theory to score points/win games.

Second, I am disappointed we are paying 6 mil unless it is mostly performance based pay. However, this is on Scott and not Capt Dan.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about we stop calling anybody a 'puppet', nor a "cousin eddie". One I actually understand but think totally disrespectful, the other I don't understand at all but is also totally disrespectful. just my opinion, for what it is worth.

It means we just got a one year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club. The gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So I was having a nice, quiet long drive back today from visiting my family for the holiday when my phone rings. Well as luck would have it when I was given the news, I immediately pulled off the road and vomited. After I asked if this was a joke phone call, he assured me it was the truth, so I vomited again and again............ and told him that the place will be half empty next year and I am sure that the ticket cancellations are rolling in. So after I fire off my email tonite to the "PUPPET", commending him on what a fast learner he has become at the hand of the "PUPPETEER", meaning that when it comes to making a sound, major decision regarding our football program that the only quality to possess is PANIC and that you have exhibited that in a masterful way. So I may poke around here every now and then for some other sports, but I will be true to myself. I will never attend a UF football game in person as long as Cousin Eddie is the coach. And that will be the gist of my email to the PUPPET!!!!!!!!

Bye sorry to see you leave.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
They' will all be back in one way or another. If Mullen wins they will come back grudgingly to eat crow. If he loses they will be back to say I told you idiots so. Either way they will be back. They are fans. It's in their DNA.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016

cheers.gif
A thread about you. Bravo!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You have a right to your opinion. Not everybody is thrilled about this hire but we are stuck with Mullen for years to come. There are no rules determining who is a Gator and who is not; nearly all here are true Gators whether you like what they have to say or not. You don't make the rules for them, only yourself. I agree with your last statement cause I'm in the same boat. Whatever Mullen will be for us, he will be an improvement over Mac the imposter and his joke of a staff. Mullen is a tough, hard-nosed football coach who may give us a winner. Time will tell, until then we have improved now that these turds are leaving town.

I agree and in a lot of ways you made my point... I'm not jumping up and down over the hire, but I think you have to at least give him a chance before you say "Im done". What if Mullen ends up winning a title... all these guys are going to jump back on the bandwagon. It is a bad look. Give him a chance... if he stinks.. then fine...

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
I was frustrated when I heard of Mullen too. Since then, I have been impressed with his exuberance and genuine determination to be here and do a good job. I'm buying in so far. Listen, Chip said no. Frost wanted to play the waiting game. Mullen would have been Tennessee bound but was waiting on Florida. I honestly believe this is a great scenario. Mullen would have been tough to deal with at Tennessee. Now, they are in shambles and it's fun to watch.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

You do understand what I am saying is give him a chance... right? If they don't want to go to games... fine, but I guarantee if he starts winning they will jump at the chance. I live in Texas... if I get the chance to go to a game.. I go. I buy Gator apparel and wear it proudly even when we stink because I am proud to be a Gator. The football team's success does not define me as a fan and the hiring of a new coach certainly doesn't.

The Tennessee analogy refers to a situation where the coach was performing badly. Fine! That is AFTER he actually had a chance. My point is give Mullen a chance. Like it or not, believe he will succeed or not.. lets actually see what he does before being "done".

IMO... and I stress OPINION... those who are making these statements before the guy has actually coached a game, signed a recruiting class, or officially hired a staff are acting like small children who didn't get their way. It is possible we are wrong and Mullen will be successful. I'm hoping for that outcome and will be supporting the Gators 100% for that time.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It means we just got a one year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club. The gift that keeps on giving.

Thanks but that makes no sense to me either, perhaps it is a reference to a movie or something else worthless and disrespectful as well.

If he is successful, I hope this all will go away, disrespect is something I don't personally accept or tolerate it too much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator