giphy.gif
186.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So maybe this is part of the reason why we have 4 below average running backs? We do not have one RB who runs with any vision, any wiggle, any patience, and can't pick up blitzers. Could it be b/c Butters chose a lifer coaching defense to coach the RB position? More proof that Butters is an absolute A$$ Clown as a head coach!!!!:butters:
Though Skipper is probably better suited for the defensive side of the ball, he was a actually a RB coach previously.

Also, while I'd prefer to see just 2 with an occasional third back, our 4 backs averaged 4.5, 4.7, 4.8, and 4.8 yards per carry.
They were about the only decent thing we had going on offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is this just something we're talking about or is there news a change is happening?

If we're just speculating, I'll take Saban as head coach, Harbaugh as OC, and Stoops as DC.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is this just something we're talking about or is there news a change is happening?

If we're just speculating, I'll take Saban as head coach, Harbaugh as OC, and Stoops as DC.

I'll see your Saban and raise you a Bellicheck.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
An awesome possibility...therefore, it shall never come to pass.

And now, here comes old Buck with a tune to stir the bowels of every Gator..........

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guy is a great recruiter and a damn good coach. But he is a PR disaster waiting to happen. Doesn't make great decisions. Multiple assault charges throughout his career.

A sexual assault case if I remember correctly. And I think he once punched an assistant coach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So maybe this is part of the reason why we have 4 below average running backs? We do not have one RB who runs with any vision, any wiggle, any patience, and can't pick up blitzers. Could it be b/c Butters chose a lifer coaching defense to coach the RB position? More proof that Butters is an absolute A$$ Clown as a head coach!!!!:butters:
You said it......I'm actually going on record to say that although they have potential, our RB's sometimes make our offensive line look worse than they actually are....sometimes. Nobody seems to know when to bounce and although Scarlett had a decent season he's better if he would learn to bounce occasionally...Everyone of them needs to add 10-12# of muscle this offseason IMO....

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
100% approve.

Some people are talking about Charlie partridge on other boards. Honestly the dumbest ****ing idea I've heard

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guy is a great recruiter and a damn good coach. But he is a PR disaster waiting to happen. Doesn't make great decisions. Multiple assault charges throughout his career.

A sexual assault case if I remember correctly. And I think he once punched an assistant coach.
Yeah, I dont GAF. Id just like to sign some great players again.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Normally yes, but he could be making a ton more at bama than a position coach at Florida for all we know.
Someone posted an article about one of the Bama analysts. Article said the Alabama analysts make about $45k a year. They are said to happily take it because it's like a paid internship. They usually come out better and have a better career trajectory. So they make up for it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is still getting paid from his last contract.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
An awesome possibility...therefore, it shall never come to pass.

And now, here comes old Buck with a tune to stir the bowels of every Gator..........

Can't stand that song - but I am a massive fan of the Buck Owens/ Don Rich combo and that Bakersfield sound.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Saban has a whole island of misfit toys on his support staff.

Does Mac have any connection to Locksley?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.