I said I wouldn't, but I did.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I watched every sad moment yesterday and let me say I NEVER NOT EVEN FOR A MOMENT THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN, or even keep it close. That being said for the first time since last years FSU game I let out a F bomb laced tirade in my living room in front of the entire family.....purty kooool.......NOT!!!!
Now I know what you're thinking and I've made my feelings about Mac more than clear over the last 12 month's.....He's not going to make it and needs to be fired.....today would be fine with me. But that's not the reason I turned so angry, I'm over being angry about our football team. Period......What made me so angry is in the 3rd quarter the game was already out of hand and NO ONE in the stadium or watching TV thought we would win, but the officials, CBS and Alabama severely DISRESPECTED OUR PLAYERS AND TEAM. It started with the 2nd down play where it looked to me like we scored....WHERE WAS THE REPLAY? Then Thompson gets blatantly earholed with a obvious helmet to helmet on the ensuing kickoff return after Bama scores??? Then the triple PF on UF??? WHAT THE F VCK??? I guess the SEC officials are only concerned with protecting the safety of it's players if they play for Bama???
I know I'm one of those idiots that always roots for the SEC teams in bowls and the playoff games but not anymore....I HOPE bAMA GETS EMBARRASSED by someone, anyone....
Again this isn't coming from anger over losing this game. Did anyone else get the same feeling?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The only time I really got upset was in the 3rd quarter when we had a beautiful drive down the field only to have 4 of the worst play calls in the history of football on the two yard line, effectively ending the game. Disgusting.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The only time I really got upset was in the 3rd quarter when we had a beautiful drive down the field only to have 4 of the worst play calls in the history of football on the two yard line, effectively ending the game. Disgusting.
So what's new about that? And if you ever thought we were in that game you are crazy.....Still the blatant disrespect was sickening to me....

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Bama ALWAYS gets the calls. SEC officials are frightened of Mighty Saban's tirades and favor that team in every game. I thought the first interception the bama defender pushed our receiver down then intercepted the ball at the same spot. No call, no replay, Danielson yaps about the great bama D and what a mistake by Appleby, and here we go.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Ditto with Ox. But I will say that what we have grown to expect from those two in the booth is complete outrage anytime a Gator commits a penalty and it doesn't get called, they talk about it for 5 min and bring it up again in their halftime analysis or end of the game. Yesterday it was as if it didn't matter what Bama was doing cause the game was just a formality. DB clearly grabbed our rec (Powell) on one of the pics, no call and no outrage. O-line held it ass off for Bama and they didn't have on holding call the entire game I don't think. This isn't why we lost but it goes to your point and it's also what you can expect from the rest of the world when your HBC is running your program in the ground with incompetence. They already don't like us but now it's getting down right disrespectful.

I will say this, football.. the game itself is in trouble. Youth numbers are way down, viewership is down and the games are for the most part, bad! If the NCAA is going to continue to turn a blind eye to what some programs are getting away with then they do it at their own peril. I don't need football to live. I have enjoyed watching in the past but lately it's just freaking awful and getting political. You can have any political opinion you want, that's fine but it needs to stay the hell out of sports IMO. Anyone notice the stadium in Orlando last night. second deck was damn near empty for the ACC championship game all because that league wanted to make a political statement. That probably cost them 20 to 25k fans, particularly from Tech who will drive to Charlotte in droves but not Orlando and then to Miami or Tampa for a bowl game.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
But it's common sense we never had a chance in that game. The difference in quality of the players was painfully obvious in the 2nd half and esp the 4th qtr. Men against boys. Our D's tackling was so bad that they looked like they were just faking it. On the other side, every Gator ball carrier couldn't get past the first defender. Solid fundamentals by bama - just WAY ahead of where we are. Years ahead.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I watched every sad moment yesterday and let me say I NEVER NOT EVEN FOR A MOMENT THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN, or even keep it close. That being said for the first time since last years FSU game I let out a F bomb laced tirade in my living room in front of the entire family.....purty kooool.......NOT!!!!

I did the same thing after AA's first interception. We had played great for the first seven minutes. Embarrassing when 5-year old repeats what you blurt out

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now I know what you're thinking and I've made my feelings about Mac more than clear over the last 12 month's.....He's not going to make it and needs to be fired.....today would be fine with me. But that's not the reason I turned so angry, I'm over being angry about our football team. Period......What made me so angry is in the 3rd quarter the game was already out of hand and NO ONE in the stadium or watching TV thought we would win, but the officials, CBS and Alabama severely DISRESPECTED OUR PLAYERS AND TEAM. It started with the 2nd down play where it looked to me like we scored....WHERE WAS THE REPLAY? Then Thompson gets blatantly earholed with a obvious helmet to helmet on the ensuing kickoff return after Bama scores??? Then the triple PF on UF??? WHAT THE F VCK??? I guess the SEC officials are only concerned with protecting the safety of it's players if they play for Bama???
I know I'm one of those idiots that always roots for the SEC teams in bowls and the playoff games but not anymore....I HOPE bAMA GETS EMBARRASSED by someone, anyone....
Again this isn't coming from anger over losing this game. Did anyone else get the same feeling?
Yes. NCAA and SEC are a joke.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So what's new about that? And if you ever thought we were in that game you are crazy.....Still the blatant disrespect was sickening to me....
Obviously, winning was an extreme long shot. However, scoring a TD there brings us within ten and completely changes the mindset and momentum. We get to kick off, our defense is more pumped, etc. It was our last chance and we complete shat all over ourselves.

We could have had 25 chances from the 1 yard line and never gotten in.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
But it's common sense we never had a chance in that game. The difference in quality of the players was painfully obvious in the 2nd half and esp the 4th qtr. Men against boys. Our D's tackling was so bad that they looked like they were just faking it. On the other side, every Gator ball carrier couldn't get past the first defender. Solid fundamentals by bama - just WAY ahead of where we are. Years ahead.

About 8 years to be exact. It started when foley decided that the entire sports program at UF was more important than the FB program itself and hired slack ass, dumpster fires for HBC because he didn't want to spend money that could have been better spent of the womens water polo or whatever the fk he spent it on. My wife worked for the Univ foundation when I was a student and I know what kind of money we are capable of generating. If we needed to upgrade the facilities the money would have come in like pouring water so that's just not a valid excuse IMO.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Years ahead for 7 years

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, I agree with all of that and like I said I wasn't even expecting it to be close....still discouraging to see our guys getting treated like rag dolls then when we return the favor every flag in the stadium comes out. Our kids were playing against men but that's how players get better, by going against better players and I was just hoping for our guys to use the game as that....a chance to get better for the next coach hopefully but they completely quit at that point and I don't blame them. It was almost like they didn't want Bama to get embarrassed by anything good that we did...There was no real game it was just more of a glorified scrimmage to me....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I will say this, football.. the game itself is in trouble. Youth numbers are way down, viewership is down and the games are for the most part, bad! If the NCAA is going to continue to turn a blind eye to what some programs are getting away with then they do it at their own peril. I don't need football to live. I have enjoyed watching in the past but lately it's just freaking awful and getting political. You can have any political opinion you want, that's fine but it needs to stay the hell out of sports IMO
I'm really starting to feel more like this myself....too much other agendas involved today.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Obviously, winning was an extreme long shot. However, scoring a TD there brings us within ten and completely changes the mindset and momentum. We get to kick off, our defense is more pumped, etc. It was our last chance and we complete shat all over ourselves.

We could have had 25 chances from the 1 yard line and never gotten in.
That's why I lost my mind when they didn't even replay 2nd down....In my eyes either Powell scored or we recovered a fumble for a TD......But the officials COMPLETELY SHUT IT DOWN.....Normally we have to sit through 10 minutes of replays on a play like that why not then?

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014

Agreed, I'm over the cute play calling whenever we are inches from the goal line.

I'm far from an Xs and Os guru but I think power in these situations and our staff always goes finesse.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Are you kidding me? With millions of dollars at stake, it was merely a case of SEC Officials protecting Bama's seeding in the CFB Playoffs. It's not that bad or missed calls cost us the game but makes the SEC look like it is still a minor league Good Ole Boy outfit, protecting its own. The SEC and networks wanted a blowout win for their Boys. 'Bama is good; they don't that kind of one-sided help.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We brought in a walk on LB in our goal line package and then flanked him out :lmao2:

As for the Powell play, it's funny that they let the play go on until UF recovered it in the endzone, THEN they decide to blow it dead and say he was down. Thought it was blatant to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator