I said I wouldn't, but I did.....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw a lot of Bammer love from the officials last night - wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, other than maybe us not getting embarrassed as much.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I noticed the same thing. Unbelievable. And where they spotted the ball was wrong too.
If he didn't score but was down before the fumble the ball should have almost been touching the goal line.....I've never seen such a close goal line play just get swept under the rug......

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I watched every sad moment yesterday and let me say I NEVER NOT EVEN FOR A MOMENT THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN, or even keep it close. That being said for the first time since last years FSU game I let out a F bomb laced tirade in my living room in front of the entire family.....purty kooool.......NOT!!!!
Now I know what you're thinking and I've made my feelings about Mac more than clear over the last 12 month's.....He's not going to make it and needs to be fired.....today would be fine with me. But that's not the reason I turned so angry, I'm over being angry about our football team. Period......What made me so angry is in the 3rd quarter the game was already out of hand and NO ONE in the stadium or watching TV thought we would win, but the officials, CBS and Alabama severely DISRESPECTED OUR PLAYERS AND TEAM. It started with the 2nd down play where it looked to me like we scored....WHERE WAS THE REPLAY? Then Thompson gets blatantly earholed with a obvious helmet to helmet on the ensuing kickoff return after Bama scores??? Then the triple PF on UF??? WHAT THE F VCK??? I guess the SEC officials are only concerned with protecting the safety of it's players if they play for Bama???
I know I'm one of those idiots that always roots for the SEC teams in bowls and the playoff games but not anymore....I HOPE bAMA GETS EMBARRASSED by someone, anyone....
Again this isn't coming from anger over losing this game. Did anyone else get the same feeling?
Concrete, I'm ashamed to say that I missed all those bad calls. I noticed a couple of holding calls they didn't call against Bama, but after that stuffing at the 2 yard line, and after Bama marched 98 yards in 3 plays, I turned it off. I was too depressed even tho I knew it was coming.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I lost my mind when they didn't even replay 2nd down....In my eyes either Powell scored or we recovered a fumble for a TD......But the officials COMPLETELY SHUT IT DOWN.....Normally we have to sit through 10 minutes of replays on a play like that why not then?
The they spotting it on the one yard line when it should have been the 6".

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete, I'm ashamed to say that I missed all those bad calls. I noticed a couple of holding calls they didn't call against Bama, but after that stuffing at the 2 yard line, and after Bama marched 98 yards in 3 plays, I turned it off. I was too depressed even tho I knew it was coming.

Heck, the first pick Appleby threw was 100% due to PI. Bad decision, sure, but it was so obvious that the LB just shoved our guy out of the way.

But yea, we still lose regardless of the calls.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I lost my mind when they didn't even replay 2nd down....In my eyes either Powell scored or we recovered a fumble for a TD......But the officials COMPLETELY SHUT IT DOWN.....Normally we have to sit through 10 minutes of replays on a play like that why not then?

It was amazing how many times the refs screwed up on that one play. Not calling him down but waiting to see if Bama recovers it. Then immediately saying Powell was down when UF recovers. Then messing up the spot. Then not reviewing it.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I watched every sad moment yesterday and let me say I NEVER NOT EVEN FOR A MOMENT THOUGHT WE WOULD WIN, or even keep it close. That being said for the first time since last years FSU game I let out a F bomb laced tirade in my living room in front of the entire family.....purty kooool.......NOT!!!!
Now I know what you're thinking and I've made my feelings about Mac more than clear over the last 12 month's.....He's not going to make it and needs to be fired.....today would be fine with me. But that's not the reason I turned so angry, I'm over being angry about our football team. Period......What made me so angry is in the 3rd quarter the game was already out of hand and NO ONE in the stadium or watching TV thought we would win, but the officials, CBS and Alabama severely DISRESPECTED OUR PLAYERS AND TEAM. It started with the 2nd down play where it looked to me like we scored....WHERE WAS THE REPLAY? Then Thompson gets blatantly earholed with a obvious helmet to helmet on the ensuing kickoff return after Bama scores??? Then the triple PF on UF??? WHAT THE F VCK??? I guess the SEC officials are only concerned with protecting the safety of it's players if they play for Bama???
I know I'm one of those idiots that always roots for the SEC teams in bowls and the playoff games but not anymore....I HOPE bAMA GETS EMBARRASSED by someone, anyone....
Again this isn't coming from anger over losing this game. Did anyone else get the same feeling?

Couldn't agree more. I was screaming where's the targeting on the return.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was amazing how many times the refs screwed up on that one play. Not calling him down but waiting to see if Bama recovers it. Then immediately saying Powell was down when UF recovers.
That is the right way to do it. If they blow the whistle then there is no possiblity for them to review it. You see them doing this more and more with borderline fumbles.

I thought they did review it? Or maybe just the commentators played the review and the the replay official saw enough to agree with it in that short period. They actually glance at the replay on many plays then decide if they want to stop the game to get a longer review.

I can't believe we are bytching about officiating after a slaughter like that. Officiating had zero to do with us not being good enough to deserve to be on the field with teams like Bammer, Clown Town, and --- gag--- Arky. Hell if LSU wasn't as bad us in the redzone, that could have been a 4 td beatdown.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have to admit when I watched the 3rd pic I yelled GDmit out loud. SEC, CBS, Refs were all in a disrespectful state last night. All the penalties missed, targeting, holding, and the ejection on us. Complete and utter BS. I hope BAMA gets what's coming to them. Sooner, rather than later Satan will be gone and they'll flounder like they did with Shula. It's the evolution of FB.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That is the right way to do it. If they blow the whistle then there is no possiblity for them to review it. You see them doing this more and more with borderline fumbles.

I thought they did review it? Or maybe just the commentators played the review and the the replay official saw enough to agree with it in that short period. They actually glance at the replay on many plays then decide if they want to stop the game to get a longer review.

I can't believe we are bytching about officiating after a slaughter like that. Officiating had zero to do with us not being good enough to deserve to be on the field with teams like Bammer, Clown Town, and --- gag--- Arky. Hell if LSU wasn't as bad us in the redzone, that could have been a 4 td beatdown.

You're missing the point (again). Nobody is saying the officiating is what cost us, we are however pointing out how bad they were and how Bama ALWAYS gets the calls. Keep up bud.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
The only time I really got upset was in the 3rd quarter when we had a beautiful drive down the field only to have 4 of the worst play calls in the history of football on the two yard line, effectively ending the game. Disgusting.

I had a couple of loud WTF moments when AA transitioned from his Joe Montana impersonation on the opening drive to surgical strikes to Bama defenders on drives 2 and 3.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I agree that if there is question on if there was a fumble then let it play out and then let the booth review it. However, they let it played out and saw UF recovered and it would have been a TD, so instead they immediately ruled him down. Either it was clear Powell was down or not. Suddenly when UF recovered there was no question? Sorry, but it was a BS play.

In addition to the fumble, there was about a question of whether Powell crossed the goal line or not. Two questions on one play, it 100% should have been reviewed. Then they managed to screw up the spot of the ball.

I'm not blaming the loss on officials but just pointing out their clear incompetence.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Sorry but Powell was down short of the goal line and was down before the ball came out. It was pretty clear...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

As for the Powell play, it's funny that they let the play go on until UF recovered it in the endzone, THEN they decide to blow it dead and say he was down. Thought it was blatant to be honest.

Sorry but Powell was down short of the goal line and was down before the ball came out. It was pretty clear...

I'm with OcalaGator in that with the live shot you could see the ref at the top of the screen calling him down prior to the fumble. Camera kept rolling and other refs watched it bounce around a bit, but it was clear he was called down early (accurately?). They could have done a replay to verify where the spot should be, but Mac didn't seem stressed out about it nor was anyone else.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Bama was holding on almost every offensive play and didn't get penalized once.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ditto with Ox. But I will say that what we have grown to expect from those two in the booth is complete outrage anytime a Gator commits a penalty and it doesn't get called, they talk about it for 5 min and bring it up again in their halftime analysis or end of the game. Yesterday it was as if it didn't matter what Bama was doing cause the game was just a formality. DB clearly grabbed our rec (Powell) on one of the pics, no call and no outrage. O-line held it ass off for Bama and they didn't have on holding call the entire game I don't think. This isn't why we lost but it goes to your point and it's also what you can expect from the rest of the world when your HBC is running your program in the ground with incompetence. They already don't like us but now it's getting down right disrespectful.

I will say this, football.. the game itself is in trouble. Youth numbers are way down, viewership is down and the games are for the most part, bad! If the NCAA is going to continue to turn a blind eye to what some programs are getting away with then they do it at their own peril. I don't need football to live. I have enjoyed watching in the past but lately it's just freaking awful and getting political. You can have any political opinion you want, that's fine but it needs to stay the hell out of sports IMO. Anyone notice the stadium in Orlando last night. second deck was damn near empty for the ACC championship game all because that league wanted to make a political statement. That probably cost them 20 to 25k fans, particularly from Tech who will drive to Charlotte in droves but not Orlando and then to Miami or Tampa for a bowl game.

I agree completely regarding the politics. Politics have no place in sports. However, if it was anywhere close to evenhanded politics I might feel different but instead it is all left wing BS. The ACC is following the lead the NFL is providing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator