If Mac fails to work out, should Foley be fired?

If Mac fails, do you fire Foley?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Logical question with no hate attached. That would make it 3 out of the last 4 head coaching hires that were disasters. Should he be held accountable?

Discuss.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only if we fail to win that all-sports trophy thingy. That's more important than football. I'd vote ham sammich, but it ain't an option. Bad poll is bad.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would say yes, but I don't think would happen. He might retire though.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The red flag was raised when there was no payout clause in Muschamp's contract. We are still paying him.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I'm going to say no because we would probably end up with someone worse.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
gone. not hard to find decent coaches in the other sports. spend money, plain and simple.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He would still have a better succes rare than Ox does on selecting mods. :dunno:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
After year one we are already predicting him gone? Look we may have overachieved this year by winning 10 games. How do you judge a person on what he has yet to do; when his history shows that he is a winner? We are not talking about Muschimp here that had no record as a HC or even a good DC record. We are talking about someone who has shown he know WTF he is doing. With all that being said, yeah it should be Foley's fault since he gave us the last few duds as HC.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Where's my

ham-sandwich.jpg

I need to eat something while I watch us retain Foley and he gives Mac an extension.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping we don't find out what's in Mac's buyout anytime soon. Foley probably gave him part ownership of the University.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am surprised that ox created this topic. He probably retires and let's the new AD hand pick his guy. If he refuses to take the wink, wink retirement idea...yes, you fire him instead of letting him screw up another football hire(which he hasn't really done yet).

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like what Foley has done and believe that he is one of the best, if not the best, AD's in the country. But if Mac fails he should take ownership, outside half the team being injured in some fluke ways, multiple years. We have many successful programs outside of football, he should get credit/blame for those too.
He may be a bargain shopper, as others allude to, but I believe that he takes fiscal responsibility serious. I agree with this philosophy. Too may people in our world think that just because they can borrow, that they should. That leaves others to pay the debt that ultimately is defaulted on. I also believe borrowing for an investment that will pay off (more than cover the cost of borrowing with a nice profit margin) is sound thinking.
But let's just give him a couple more years to show what he can do before we label him the second coming of Muschamp.

Maybe someone can shed some light on Sully's hiring. The guy we had before was decent, but just couldn't keep us in the SEC or Natty race. Was Sully a bargain basement find that Foley lucked up on? Or was he a "show me the money" hire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.