If Mac fails to work out, should Foley be fired?

If Mac fails, do you fire Foley?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm going to say no because we would probably end up with someone worse.

Think of it like the Treon situation. Putting in the backup QB for Treon several games ago couldn't have produced any worse of a result than what we got leaving Treon in as the starter. The same would be true with El Cheapo if Mac doesn't work out. At some point you have to cut your losses and give someone else a shot to make things better.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I like what Foley has done and believe that he is one of the best, if not the best, AD's in the country. But if Mac fails he should take ownership, outside half the team being injured in some fluke ways, multiple years. We have many successful programs outside of football, he should get credit/blame for those too.
He may be a bargain shopper, as others allude to, but I believe that he takes fiscal responsibility serious. I agree with this philosophy. Too may people in our world think that just because they can borrow, that they should. That leaves others to pay the debt that ultimately is defaulted on. I also believe borrowing for an investment that will pay off (more than cover the cost of borrowing with a nice profit margin) is sound thinking.
But let's just give him a couple more years to show what he can do before we label him the second coming of Muschamp.

Maybe someone can shed some light on Sully's hiring. The guy we had before was decent, but just couldn't keep us in the SEC or Natty race. Was Sully a bargain basement find that Foley lucked up on? Or was he a "show me the money" hire?

To your point about borrowing/investing, I agree with your views. Unfortunately, look at the stupidity Foley exhibited when he gave Muschamp that ridiculous extension that didn't have an offset should CWM get another coaching gig. That certainly wasn't a fiscally responsible decision on any level. Keeping Meyer around and paying him to be the absentee HC for an extra year and then giving him additional compensation after he left the second time wasn't wise, either. Had he invested money in a top notch hire, think of all the extra cash we would have raked in with a full stadium, additional skyboxes that could have been pre-sold and built, etc. Look at what Bama has done with their stadium enhancements over the past 8 years. They spent and continue to spend a huge chunk on a winning coaching staff but they absolutely MINT MONEY each game week when they pack 100,000+ people into the stadium and blow through their fundraising goals because their fans are eager to support the winning program they have rolling right now.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Ox, are you going to divulge who actually voted NO at some point. :lol2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_static_tumblr_m8d0kayo3f1rb1baco1_500.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Foley's decision to extend 'chumps contract, pay him if we fire him and let him go anywhere in the SEC, and continue to pay him even if he gets a Head Coaching job in the SEC was pure financial genius at work. Frickin genius I tell ya. That's his place in history.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley's decision to extend 'chumps contract, pay him if we fire him and let him go anywhere in the SEC, and continue to pay him even if he gets a Head Coaching in the SEC was pure financial genius at work. Frickin genius I tell ya. That's his place in history.
4e7a27dfb2c7feed2ea33f80f9ab0f78775d07aad993035fce5d6b2a064dc198.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You paid Ox extra didn't you?
Shhhhhhhhh....... I'm an Ox alias. Haven't you heard?

Clearly I DIDN'T pay as much as Concrete Bert Head for a vanity podcast.

You guys and your conspiracy theories. It's no more complex than this, Ox, 78, Divits, and several others of us are veteran Sid Fighters. It's really NO more complicated than that. We aren't frat brothers, didn't know each other from younger years, we didn't street race together, or whatever. We just liked punking Sid, Quasi, coCainething, WDC and Avatar. I feel like I'm missing some piece of the Axis of Stupidity, but it's not coming to me at the moment.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shhhhhhhhh....... I'm an Ox alias. Haven't you heard?

Clearly I DIDN'T pay as much as Concrete Bert Head for a vanity podcast.

You guys and your conspiracy theories. It's no more complex than this, Ox, 78, Divits, and several others of us are veteran Sid Fighters. It's really NO more complicated than that. We aren't frat brothers, didn't know each other from younger years, we didn't street race together, or whatever. We just liked punking Sid, Quasi, WDC and Avatar. I feel like I'm missing some piece of the Axis of Stupidity, but it's not coming to me at the moment.
You could have just said "yes I paid for immunity" :stickpoke:

:lol: jk Bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.