If there’s a worse offense out there, then show proof

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Is there really a more horrible one out there than us? Given that we’re “suppose” to be one of the top power 5 programs in the nation, how can we continue to look so inept on offense? Please provide proof if there is.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is there really a more horrible one out there than us? Given that we’re “suppose” to be one of the top power 5 programs in the nation, how can we continue to look so inept on offense? Please provide proof if there is.
How can we continue...it's call lack of teamship and engagement by players.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There isn't. Never has been. Thread over.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It’s been going on for like 8 years now, it’s just plain pathetic. I see other teams playing 3rd string QB’s and putting a more functional offense out on the field. Everything looks hard for us on offense. Hell it take us 8 minutes to drive down the field for a freaking field goal. Our talent can’t be this bad, I guess our coaching and player development has been damn near the worst in the country over the last 8 years . Worst part , we still got three more pathetic performances to look forward to out of this offense this year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Worst offense ever. The Poles and Italians were having a football game. They learned it from the American GIs in WWII.
A train went by and blew the whistle. The Italians thought it was half time and ran inside. The Poles scored three plays later. There is your worst offense ever.................

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The only thing that compares in my recollection (at UF) was Pell's first year with Lynn Amadee as OC. That offense was absolutely horrible (0-10-1). But of course Pell promptly fired Amadee and then recruited like a madman. That resulted in one of the greatest turn-arounds in CFB history. Of course, Pell learned his recruiting skills from Bear Bryant and we all know how that turned out.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The only thing that compares in my recollection (at UF) was Pell's first year with Lynn Amadee as OC. That offense was absolutely horrible (0-10-1). But of course Pell promptly fired Amadee and then recruited like a madman. That resulted in one of the greatest turn-arounds in CFB history. Of course, Pell learned his recruiting skills from Bear Bryant and we all know how that turned out.
we have a winner.........Lynn Amadee. That was a clstrfck from the get go...........but I coulda coached the talent Pell had. THree NFL RBs. And stars all over that field.........great times it was...........of course those recruiting tactics were used all over the SEC but was not gonna fly in Gville...............hypocritical MOFOs they were.................

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Before my time, as I was born in 81, but that one sounds horrible. Hopefully we’ll see the same kind of turn around you referenced , with our new coach next year.

gatorz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the Dolphins?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UT is ranked below us in total yards/game, passing yards/game, and rushing yards/game. They are about equal with us in points/game, but if we didn't have a game canceled, then I think we'd be ahead of them instead of equal. So Tennessee is statistically worse than we are. They also haven't won an SEC game yet. They may not either. Anyways no matter how bad it gets for us, UT is still worse.

Also Kent St. only averages 10.7 points a game. :eek3:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

That 1979 offense was bad, but Lynn Amedee was the OC at Florida in 1988 (he was the QB coach at Tennessee in 1979).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Nusschump is in the bottom 5 of offensive TDs. Amazingingly consistent at being totally ineffective at his job at three stops.

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Here is the sad thing, had Mac not been fired, we'd still have a majority of the pundits shoving down our throats that this offense is great and it is only a personnel issue...

On a sidenote, the fat guy did say on the radio last night that he doesn't know why Nord isn't fired yet...you know it's bad when the fat guy openly says this.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The original Tampa Buc offense was pretty bad..............and their def was awesome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
BMF. Thanks for the correction, but the Wikipedia entry you seem to be citing is incorrect. Although I haven't been able to confirm Amadee at UF in 1979 yet, the OC at UT that year was Joe Avezzano. He came with Majors from Pittsburg in 1977 and stayed through 1979, according to multiple sources. I'll keep digging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.