If we lose the rest of our games....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Exciting coach's attract exciting players.....imo he would get some of the best available players in the portal and we saw how well he recruited at OSU and UF. In my honest opinion Meyer would have this program at no less than 9-10 wins next season regardless of the schedule because his process is based around immediate actions, Karl's is like watching paint dry in the rain.
Only here is the problem, and I've touched on this before (might do a long post), and aTm's AD touched on it in his presser... I only have ONE question for you:

With the changing landscape of NIL and money (which we/our donors do not have and can never dream to approach aTm and UTx donor money, EVER), what exactly does 9 or 10 wins get you? Hint: 9 gets you NOTHING, 10 might with an expanded playoff.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Only here is the problem, and I've touched on this before (might do a long post), and aTMs AD touched on it in his presser... I only have ONE question for you:

With the changing landscape of NIL and money (which we/our donors do not have and can never dream to approach aTm and UTx donor money, EVER), what exactly does 9 or 10 wins get you? Hint: 9 gets you NOTHING, 10 might with an expanded playoff.
What did 9 wins get us in 2005?

A championship in 2006.....
This team CANNOT improve enough in one calendar year to win it all.....2, yes but with the right coach.....Like I said watching Karl's "process" is like watching paint dry in the rain. It's never gonna happen.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
What did 9 wins get us in 2005?

A championship in 2006.....
This team CANNOT improve enough in one calendar year to win it all.....2, yes but with the right coach.....Like I said watching Karl's "process" is like watching paint dry in the rain. It's never gonna happen.
The Outback Bowl, and 3rd place in the SEC East. I stopped there.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And it set the stage for the 2006 NC.....THIS TEAM ISN'T WINNING A NC NEXT YEAR.....2 years yes with the right coach.
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

It's been 2 years for Riley at USC, Cristobal at scUM, Kelly at LSU, the fired guy at Mich State (can't even remember his fukking name, but he was going to be GREAT!), and the Jimbo extension at aTm... the other Kelly has been at UCLA for 5 years now... I'm sure I'm missing a few others that were the next greatest hire... where are the championships? Yes, yes, I know.... if ONNNNLY they would have come to UF, they would have won!

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look, we can either get a quick winner in here or you can continue eating frozen pizzas in a corner somewhere watching paint dry.... BTW I'd be willing to bet there's a whole bunch of members in here like me who would rather be 9-3 and going to the Outback Bowl instead of panicking about our recruiting class disintegrating before the holidays about right now.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Look, we can either get a quick winner in here or you can continue eating frozen pizzas in a corner somewhere watching paint dry.... BTW I'd be willing to bet there's a whole bunch of members in here like me who would rather be 9-3 and going to the Outback Bowl instead of panicking about our recruiting class disintegrating before the holidays about right now.
you say eating frozen pizzas like its a bad thing. I have found a few that do more than make a turd..........

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I agree, and it's why when we hired Billy, and given what UF admin is looking for, I said "why not Stoops?" I do not see UF ever hiring a guy who they think has even the slightest chance of embarrassing the institution publicly. That leaves us with the Stoops, Elko, and Drinkewitz types and hoping they can build 9-10 win seasons with an occasional breakthrough year.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Well let's see....Meyer won a NC here in his second season and one at OSU in his 3rd season.

Any of those other guys you mention EVER win a NC?
I get it man... at this point, we want POTENTIALLY 4-5ish years of awesomeness again. But are we willing to take that for the 14 years of schit that follows again?

For the millionth time: the UF Board of Trustees (and ANY UF President) isn't going to knowingly allow those kind of players and a Coach who covers for his wife beater assistant, or is filmed drunk with a chic grinding on him after losing his NFL game, ever again.

So you get a Billy, or a Stoops/Elko/Drinkewitz type and hope. Maybe a Harbaugh.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Should I show them footage of the UK, UGA, Arky or LSU game? I mean it's hard to top those as examples but I'm sure Karls working on something special over the next 2 weeks....
That embarrasses the team, and us as fans with our assclown neighbors. It doesn't embarrass the institution and prevent billionaires from putting up money to get their name on a new 7 story, $150M data science building that will bring in hundreds of million dollars for said institution.

That is where we are.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do not see UF ever hiring a guy who they think has even the slightest chance of embarrassing the institution publicly.

This is the main issue... right here... Napier already has one issue that isn't helping his stay here, and his postgame interview after Arkansas didn't helped... Napier was safe and wasn't likely to embarrass Stricklin in the hiring process. He comes off as a likable, humble guy in interviews and in person.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don't know that there was ever any definitive proof of this happening...but there is plenty of proof of our football team getting b!tch smacked over half the time they take the field...
Right, I agree... there were just the 150,000whatever deleted text messages and his ass got fired. Bet he wised he could deleted that bar video too, but he was too drunk to think about it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
guys, ive already provided the solution in a sister thread. Fire stricklin, then go get Urbs to take the AD job. Pay him handsomely and let him pick whoever he wants as a coach. He wont embarrass the university from the position, but what he will do is identify top level coaching talent and set the bar extremely high for all sports. I'm telling you, he is a home run AD for any school that wants to compete with and beat the big boys at the sports that matter.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
guys, ive already provided the solution in a sister thread. Fire stricklin, then go get Urbs to take the AD job. Pay him handsomely and let him pick whoever he wants as a coach. He wont embarrass the university from the position, but what he will do is identify top level coaching talent and set the bar extremely high for all sports. I'm telling you, he is a home run AD for any school that wants to compete with and beat the big boys at the sports that matter.
1000 likes!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Think of all the hoes he can pick up at the clubs when he has AD behind his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator