If we lose the rest of our games....

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
That leaves us with the Stoops, Elko, and Drinkewitz types and hoping they can build 9-10 win seasons with an occasional breakthrough year.
I'm fine with that. Compared to what we've had recently, that sounds great. If we can be in the Championship hunt at least occasionally, that would be excellent. What we've had lately is an abomination.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Only here is the problem, and I've touched on this before (might do a long post), and aTm's AD touched on it in his presser... I only have ONE question for you:

With the changing landscape of NIL and money (which we/our donors do not have and can never dream to approach aTm and UTx donor money, EVER), what exactly does 9 or 10 wins get you? Hint: 9 gets you NOTHING, 10 might with an expanded playoff.
Just beat the Leghumpers.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My take is probably only shared by a few but here it is:

8-4, 9-3, 10-2 , on a consistent basis, is fine with me as long as:

I see every player playing until the whistle.

I want every team we play to dread playing us because we are the MOST physical team they play all season.

I want every team we play to dread playing us because our team as a whole is fast.

I want every team to dread playing us because they know we will take advantage of EVERY mistake they make.

I want every team we play to know that we have players that LOVE THE O&B and they play every down in every game carrying that pride.

Give me that, consistently, and I'm all in 100% of the time. 8-4 is fine.

I don't see that in the players.

I guess those days are gone.

And beat the Buttsniffers.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
My take is probably only shared by a few but here it is:

8-4, 9-3, 10-2 , on a consistent basis, is fine with me as long as:

I see every player playing until the whistle.

I want every team we play to dread playing us because we are the MOST physical team they play all season.

I want every team we play to dread playing us because our team as a whole is fast.

I want every team to dread playing us because they know we will take advantage of EVERY mistake they make.

I want every team we play to know that we have players that LOVE THE O&B and they play every down in every game carrying that pride.

Give me that, consistently, and I'm all in 100% of the time. 8-4 is fine.

I don't see that in the players.

I guess those days are gone.

And beat the Buttsniffers.
You just described LSU's culture.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
High Noons?!?!?!? A man scoffs at that schit and goes straight for the Bud Light!

I’ve seen cans of Dos Equis, but I think they only sell them in the “old fuks” sections. I ain’t wandering the tunnels to find beer, I’m there to watch the game… and drink the closest available beer!
Hey, no one is judging. $20 is $20!

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
You just described LSU's culture.
Huh? You mean the team that got bullied by F$U? The team that got beat by a drastically less talented LANE KIFFIN coached team? The team that got drug by Georgia last year in the SEC championship game? The team that usually lays down in the middle of the season once they have a couple of losses?

Think you got your teams confused. That is Alabama and Ohio State.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
And yet I remain your favorite poster . Also I post from my phone , which doesn’t have a keyboard Saul. Appreciate you lifting the chat ban
Driving Ace Ventura GIF

Me rolling up on that a$$ as soon as I see you entitled pricks start crying in the Chat

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I get it man... at this point, we want POTENTIALLY 4-5ish years of awesomeness again. But are we willing to take that for the 14 years of schit that follows again?

For the millionth time: the UF Board of Trustees (and ANY UF President) isn't going to knowingly allow those kind of players and a Coach who covers for his wife beater assistant, or is filmed drunk with a chic grinding on him after losing his NFL game, ever again.

So you get a Billy, or a Stoops/Elko/Drinkewitz type and hope. Maybe a Harbaugh.
You were right there with the moral play...right up until "maybe Harbaugh,.". Blew your whole diatribe.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
MEYER? YUK! That man has left so much damange in his wake it's amazing. His last stint with the Jacksonville Jags
had the high points of dumping Tebow after a unfair test period, and a clip of some hottie at his sleezy bar in Ohio
giving him a crotch dance, and Meyer grinning from ear to ear like he was in his teens and his finger up her rear end.
The last of the 4 Gator coaches who had a modicum of success was Old Butters! At least he had two SECe Championship
Game appearences to his credit.
Thank you and welcome to the common sense club. Look at what Urban Liar did to our program just for that brief moment of success. 2 national titles in 3 years, just to be followed by 13 staight years of irrelevancy. Faked a heart attack and then went to the Phuck nuts and cheated his way to a NC there lost 9 games in 7 seasons against the deaf and blind. Spurrier was never caught out in the public eye tipsy or intoxicated. Like I said earlier, Billy is 100 times the man Urban wishes he was and he will do it the right way. Just hope these self centered fans will pipe down and let him build this dynasty. He has a plan and a process and it's been proven to work. Give him time to build it and they will come.

Also ignore all the butt hurt emojis, instead of taking the time to respond to your post they are lazy and hit a single button to make themselves feel better. Don't tell the truth around here, it's forbidden.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thank you and welcome to the common sense club. Look at what Urban Liar did to our program just for that brief moment of success. 2 national titles in 3 years, just to be followed by 13 staight years of irrelevancy. Faked a heart attack and then went to the Phuck nuts and cheated his way to a NC there lost 9 games in 7 seasons against the deaf and blind. Spurrier was never caught out in the public eye tipsy or intoxicated. Like I said earlier, Billy is 100 times the man Urban wishes he was and he will do it the right way. Just hope these self centered fans will pipe down and let him build this dynasty. He has a plan and a process and it's been proven to work. Give him time to build it and they will come.

Also ignore all the butt hurt emojis, instead of taking the time to respond to your post they are lazy and hit a single button to make themselves feel better. Don't tell the truth around here, it's forbidden.

If we’re honest, we’re still dealing with the Meyer years and the mess he left behind. I’ve already explained to both my kids they probably won’t ever see it, but their kids may see the day when we finally rid ourselves of his issues. It’s as much inspirational as it is preparatory as they may need to pass on the same message to their kids.

I also agree on Napier being a better man. He’s an honest guy who holds himself to a certain standard. He also knows UF has standards and said so repeatedly in his opening comments. That’s why I’m positive if his plan doesn’t show to be working and he isn’t able to live up to those standards that he himself acknowledged, he’ll readily step aside for the betterment of the program that he cares so deeply for and forgive the remaining buyout, taking the high road and parting as friends. It won’t be the way either party wants it, but at least we’ll have the 25 million back to put toward the next coach. That’s why you hire a person of his character. He won’t be like Mullen and the others and demand money despite his failures. You have to respect that. You just have to.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
MEYER? YUK! That man has left so much damange in his wake it's amazing. His last stint with the Jacksonville Jags
had the high points of dumping Tebow after a unfair test period, and a clip of some hottie at his sleezy bar in Ohio
giving him a crotch dance, and Meyer grinning from ear to ear like he was in his teens and his finger up her rear end.
The last of the 4 Gator coaches who had a modicum of success was Old Butters! At least he had two SECe Championship
Game appearences to his credit.
Even if true, we have had enough coaches hired that one should have been able to hire great assistants, recruit well, get out of the way. We could still ride Meyer's success for a time. That meant something. Bad hires doomed us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Determining whether you are dumb, drunk, stoned, loony or animal sex deprived takes a lot longer than a carefully worded answer.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Determining whether you are dumb, drunk, stoned, loony or animal sex deprived takes a lot longer than a carefully worded answer.
I know you are still mad about me being late to the date your mom and I had planned. Promise I'll have her home tonight so she can tuck you in bed and read you a bed time story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator