If You Were Tasked With the Rebuild...

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Agreed... but honestly, at this point, I'd settle for a HC that even looked and acted like a HC, especially on the sidelines... pacing up and down the sidelines with ones arms tightly crossed on ones chest while chewing gum with ones mouth open is a step down from the last HC we had who also did not look and act like a HC...
Frankly if this happens...all this wailing and gnashing of teeth will go away. I still don't think we are that far off from where we want to be. If we are successful again this next year....the recruits will come. The lack of a quarterback has absolutely killed us. I still remember the feeling I got when Will started to get it....the Swamp was rocking.
Everyone said the same thing last year, if we can just win games the players will come. Let's be real it takes more than winning to get studs to sign on the dotted line, it takes recruiting and this staff as of right now can not do that simple task. The lack of Qb sure hasn't helped us getting an elite Qb to sign on the dotted line this year and spare me the we got Allen he will never see the field unless there are a bunch of injuries he was average at the top school in the country.

What UF needs to do when finding to the next coach is find an a great coach who can recruit with the elite. Then hire a staff around him full of the best of the best recruiting wise like Bama and now UGA. Both schools are full of elite recruiters and it's paying off for both. I'd search the last 5 years and figure out who is the best at recruiting each position and only go after those coaches.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about getting back to Atlanta as part of the rebuild, how about improving facilities as part of the rebuild. Mac has done both of these things so far in only two years. Muschamp really didn't do either in FOUR years.
I don't think you understand. When rebuilding things are suppose to be better, not worse, and winning the East last year is not an impressive accomplishment. Getting blown out by ut, ark, fsu, and bama is not improving from last year. Having an offense that's ranked worse than when Muschamp was last here is not rebuilding. Waiting to hire your replacement coaches and not firing your poor coaches is not rebuilding. Having the worst recruiting class in decades certainly isn't rebuilding.

Sure good things have happened during Mac's time here, but are things better or looking to get better? No. Especially since all of our rivals are recruiting circles around us right now. We are all hoping that Mac will pull out a miracle, but he should never have put himself in a position where a miracle was needed. Therefore it is not unreasonable for us to hope that Strickland sees the writing on the wall and is preparing for the inevitable.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
How about getting back to Atlanta as part of the rebuild, how about improving facilities as part of the rebuild. Mac has done both of these things so far in only two years. Muschamp really didn't do either in FOUR years.
I don't think you're fully grasping the concept of a rebuild. Facilities upgrades are just a convenient excuse. I'm sure it matters some, but put yourself in one of these young men's shoes. These inner city kids aren't making decisions based on facilities. If it's me, I need to know that the organization has my best interest at heart. Hiring inept coaches and keeping them around will kill your program. Personally I like Mac. Hell, I liked Muschamp. But if the kids aren't reacting to them, you need to cut bait. I see people on here always saying that if you fire a coach too soon it'll tarnish the brand. No. Keeping a lame duck tarnishes your brand.

2 trips to Atlanta and we still can't recruit. The kids watch football. Making it to Atlanta is only relevant if you're a true contender. We made it by default and got the wheels blown off. That's an embarrassment for our potential recruits. We've done ourselves a major disservice by making it to Atlanta. I'm pretty sure the recruiting would be better if we didn't embarrass ourselves in such a public forum.

Lastly, the fact that recruits are still interested, even though we've become so moribund, and usually finish second, proves that the damage to the brand isn't irreparable. We just need functionality. Mac needs to stabilize the program. Get the offense out of the basement. We don't need to be Baylor or Oklahoma on offense. We just need not to be a laughingstock. IMO, recruits are looking for a reason to choose UF. We're just not giving it to them. Georgia is lapping us in recruiting. And WE BEAT them the last 2 years. Let that sink in. But they have a functional team. Recruits feel like they can help get that program over the hump. But when you're dysfunctional, they don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator