UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Seems obvious to me that Mac's thinking as changed some. He seems to be going after guys with wheels. Now I don't think his "system" has changed but I do believe his "philosophy" on what he wants is a QB has changed. I listened to a podcast the other day and they were mentioning the QB's we've extended offers to for 2018. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was something like 10 offers out..... and only 2 of them were "prototypical" pocket passers. The others were more "dual threat" types.

In terms of philosphy though, they did mention that the "dual threat" types we offered were more "arm" than "leg". Anothers words, they were passers who could run. NOT runners who could throw a little...

Or maybe he doesn't think his current batch of signal callers are world beaters.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Right. Yet they keep reaching out to "out of our system" guys...I wonder why that is?

I don't know but I suspect they have not been sufficiently successful in recruiting both the numbers and quality at this position that they desire, so they do things that they probably don't really want to do.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Seems obvious to me that Mac's thinking as changed some. He seems to be going after guys with wheels. Now I don't think his "system" has changed but I do believe his "philosophy" on what he wants is a QB has changed. I listened to a podcast the other day and they were mentioning the QB's we've extended offers to for 2018. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was something like 10 offers out..... and only 2 of them were "prototypical" pocket passers. The others were more "dual threat" types.

In terms of philosphy though, they did mention that the "dual threat" types we offered were more "arm" than "leg". Anothers words, they were passers who could run. NOT runners who could throw a little...

Yes even the standard Bama has dual threat QBs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Malik Zaire has never thrown an interception in a college game in 98 pass attempts.

Malik Zaire completes close to 60% of his passes.

Malik Zaire has a 149 passer rating.

Malik Zaire averages 4.5 yards a carry.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he comes on board he is a Gator, if not, then he isn't. That is all that matters at this point.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's a vast improvement on Del Rio. Let's bring him in and let Del Rio get on with his goal to become a coach.

I agree. I think he would definitely give us a better chance to win against the good teams.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the training film, did you see his orange shoestrings -- yep, he's leaning Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator