UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Idk feel like UF coaches and Zaire are confident he will get in. Just the vibe/some of the stuff I've read.
They were confident Grier's suspension would reduced.
Mac was confident he could win with his dog as QB.
I'm confident I have no confidence in the BS they feed the masses.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ik-zaire-shows-gators-love-instagram-follows/

Transferring Notre Dame QB Malik Zaire shows Gators love with Instagram follows

It appears that the love between former Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire and the Florida Gators is more than a rumor.

After it was reported last week that Zaire and the Gators had a mutual interest in making Gainesville his next home, the future transfer’s Instagram account seems to back that report:

Follow
Matt Fitzsimmons @Fitzsimmons22
Alright I'm not usually the #FollowTheFollows guy, but Malik Zaire has followed basically every skill position player UF has on Instagram.

1:08 AM - 11 Apr 2017
In an age of social media dominance, it’s easy to jump to conclusions about athletes’ personal lives based on their public sharing. Still, it would make little sense for a neutral fan, let alone a rival player to follow that many players on a random team.

As stated in the above report, the biggest hurdle that Zaire has to cross is the SEC’s transfer policy. If that kink gets ironed out before the season, signs are pointing toward Zaire’s interest in being the Gators’ next starting QB.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Post 223 is partially what I was referring to as silly as it sounds. May be nothing but seems odd he'd randomly start following our whole
team basically.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Good points though I was confident reading this post it was by SwampDonkey and then I looked back at the top of the post and....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://events.tbo.com/blogs/gators/how-serious-are-the-malik-zaire-florida-gators-rumors/2320213

After the spring game, coach Jim McElwain was asked about the importance of developing a young quarterback. His response: "Being able to develop a guy is something that we've been fortunate to do a lot at stops along the way. And yet at the same time, we've got to go with who's going to give us the best opportunity to win ball games. At the end of the day, that's what we've got to do, is win ball games."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Its going to either be LDR or Zaire I guess against Michigan...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://events.tbo.com/blogs/gators/how-serious-are-the-malik-zaire-florida-gators-rumors/2320213

After the spring game, coach Jim McElwain was asked about the importance of developing a young quarterback. His response: "Being able to develop a guy is something that we've been fortunate to do a lot at stops along the way. And yet at the same time, we've got to go with who's going to give us the best opportunity to win ball games. At the end of the day, that's what we've got to do, is win ball games."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Its going to either be LDR or Zaire I guess against Michigan...
:rotfl:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His delivery is.. funky....

Foot work is questionable but we "want" him anyway...... We suck..

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing that rule will not be changed. Anyone have any recent links or quotes?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am doubting it will be changed. It's a dumb rule that only penalizes SEC teams = it stays :lol:

Sankey is a holier than thou kind of guy except when it comes to Bama who can have him fired.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
His delivery is.. funky....

Foot work is questionable but we "want" him anyway...... We suck..

He stares at his passes like a HR hitter watching a home run and not taking off running the bases. I like how he holds his pose there after a few of the passes are thrown. :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He stares at his passes like a HR hitter watching a home run and not taking off running the bases. I like how he holds his pose there after a few of the passes are thrown. :lol:

He throws a knuckle ball........ :bananawave:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Needs to pass a vote and TOS are saying that the schools aren't going to change the rule.

I didn't know that but why wouldn't they considering these are SEC schools where football rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator